Inbound

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What’s an example of an effective content distribution goal?

There are several reasons marketers will distribute their content. Some hope their content will drive traffic to their website, while others hope it’ll help generate new leads.

Setting a content distribution goal is the foundation to building a strategy that drives results. This is accomplished by understanding the purpose behind your distribution efforts, and making your goal SMART.

What is an example of a content distribution goal you would like to set?

Remember, a SMART goal is specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound. To learn more about this, check out the Developing a Content Distribution Strategy lesson via HubSpot Academy.

453 Replies 453
FaustoCrtns5000

In my case, I'm going to share my design-animation content, looking up for people who really love it and generating 60 new leads in one year. 

0 Upvotes
JMendoza49
Participant

¿Cuál es un ejemplo de un objetivo de distribución de contenido efectivo?

An example would be, where a client has a very growth and needs content to distinguish itself, the important thing is to make it stand out from the rest.

0 Upvotes
VG1978
Contributor

Set a smart goal and start working on it. For eg, I need to increase my traffic by X numbers in the next two months. As I am already getting an average monthly traffic of N numbers without a proper content strategy in place, I belive that getting the desired number in the specified timeline is possible with a proper strategy. 

For that first understand the content you are creating, whats the purpose, what are the results and realign the strategy as per the goals. 

TWilliams58

Right now I have a client that is growing extremely fast and needs some content to distinguish themselves from the competition. The challenge is making the plans attainable because resources are stretched thinner than I imagined. So, rethinking the quantity of the contnet and the delivery time. Smaller steps so we can get the client accustomed to this pace. 

0 Upvotes
WendyPermana

1. Always add an article or content idea to the list when an article has been published or idea is mentioned.
  2. After an article is published, promote it. Fill in the sheet and visualize what you have done so far. (same day)
  3. Take time to fill in the gaps in the most important quadrants. (daily)
  4. Take time to check your data. Are the articles / ideas ranked on top still worth being on top? (quarterly)
  5. Check if the channels you find most impactful are still driving results or show potential. (quarterly)
  6. Find new channels. (quarterly)
  7. Find ways to work more effectively (Content Creation and Content Distribution). (quarterly)
0 Upvotes
arue
Participant

Contribution distribution is available in three methods. Paid, owned, earned.

But owned sources are free. These are for example - social media business pages, groups and forums, where you can freely distribute your content.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
MeriemMahrez

Something I've seen very successful business pull off is having all of their influencers and brand ambassadors post about a sale and wearing the business's products all on the same day. That way viewers are see the brand all over their page being worn, which is a huge influence to buy and join a larger community. 

0 Upvotes
YSivaldayeva
Participant

Example of a goal that meets all SMART criteria:
Increase traffic to the site from the Google search engine by 10% in 2 months with the help of search engine optimization of existing content.

0 Upvotes
nschnicke

1) Identify a purpose:

a) What content are you sharing? --> Blog post

b) Why are you sharing it? --> To generate brand awareness

c) What are your expectations? --> Blog post will attract more potential leads

2) Craft a goal: Lift top-of-mind awareness by 6% in three months using paid and earned distribution options.

Primary goal: Lift top-of-mind awareness by 6% in three months using paid distribution options.

Secondary goal: Lift top-of-mind-awareness using earned distribution options.

ZBen

Update your article and increase your Linkedin followers; that is all you need to do.

0 Upvotes
AneesMisbah
Participant

Increase website traffic by 'x' visitors in the next 'y' month, in order to increase brand awareness with my target audience by doing 'z type of activity' (example: 'n' social media posts per week in linkedin/twitter or 'n' events per month or 'n' paid advertisements in google or a social media platform).

0 Upvotes
ashualways
Participant

An effective content distribution goal can be:

I would like to increase my footfall on the website by 10 % in Q3 alone by carrying a spending budget of x amount for paid channels. - please help me if this is alright!

0 Upvotes
Arcko
Participant

An example of a content distribution goal would be as below:
With the content framework we had, we gained 20 New Subs every two days, we were uploading one video each week, and we didn't use youtube shorts in our strategy.
Our goal is to gain about 4000 new Subs in about six months by creating and uploading three videos every week and also using youtube shorts to drive more engagement.

0 Upvotes
amazuera

Increasing the company's Instagram followers from 200 to 1000 in 3 months through the creation of valuable content for my target audience. Building trust around the Instagram audience. Includes collaboration with influencers or experts in the industry who share a similar audience. Also making reels, creating more interactive stories, and posting 3 times per day. 

0 Upvotes
alyssandrabrook
Participant

Have the company grow within the following few months in several different ways. Firstly, I expect to have the organization to have 2000 more Instagram followers by collaborating with influencers. Next, we will be posting videos every other day on Tik Tok, Instagram, and Facebook. 

vlieu

increase 500 Instagram followers and then show them a products we want to sell

HasanSharaf

• The purpose of distributing my content is to increase downloads to my mobile app.

Setting a SMART Goal would look like this:

• I want to increase downloads to my mobile app to 9000 downloads in a 3 months time the way i can do this will be reaching out to influncers with similar audience and focusing on paid ads to increase brand awareness.

(a thing that is not related to this topic)  focusing on owned content  and listening will increase engamnent and build trust between the brand and the customer which will help in this example bring more downloads.

Jaspreet

An example of a content distribution goal would be as below:

Increase Instagram followers by 2000 in 2 months by creating relevant content.

AGuardino

Increase Tik Tok followers by revealing a new product or idea 

LBlair

I would like to grow my Facebook Group from 550 members to 1k by providing more interactive content combined with original pics of members shared from irl group activites

yannisv

S: Get 3-5k likes on content that was posted on social media platforms

M:  Monitor the comments 

A: Monitor the data if it decreases or increases

R: The content will remain relevant via the search engine

T: Keep data on the traffic for the 2 weeks