Inbound

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What’s an example of an effective content distribution goal?

There are several reasons marketers will distribute their content. Some hope their content will drive traffic to their website, while others hope it’ll help generate new leads.

Setting a content distribution goal is the foundation to building a strategy that drives results. This is accomplished by understanding the purpose behind your distribution efforts, and making your goal SMART.

What is an example of a content distribution goal you would like to set?

Remember, a SMART goal is specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound. To learn more about this, check out the Developing a Content Distribution Strategy lesson via HubSpot Academy.

453 Replies 453
LilianaBaglieto
Participant

We will use our own B2B email directory first, with the goal to launch our website to the client base and network we already relate to. This will align to our main purpose, to position our brand as one of influence in our particular region. This will give us way to test our content and modify accordingly.

Yara85

My goal is to get 500 facebook clicks to my website in the next month buy creating content that sparks customer interest.

JoseAlva

Have more leads in a month, checking the statistics at the start and at the end, using up to 50% extra budget, doing a proper research in order to create content, using 1 week creating content and checking progress with it gets published.

AForbes4

distributing new products that sell quicker and better than previous products.

YuusufAdetona
Participant

I will like to achieve 10k from 1k monthly traffic in the next 5 months

MMarin1

An example of an effective content distribution goal would be: Setting the goal of acquiring more social media interaction with customers of other companies to possibly gain them as our customers through better promotion of our brand and exposure. 

ClauScotta
Participant

Specific: to have 100 new users in my website in 1 month with owned and paid content.
Measurable: With GA I can see how many unique users I have. I will register the starting point and the end point after 30 days.
Attainable: I have a proper budget and a team for content creation.
Relevant: I will do a proper research on keywords and trends.
Time-bound: I have 2 month in total. First one to create the content, second one, to distribute and analize.

RVishwakarma

A content distribution goal which has a purpose and have a target goal can be the best example in content distribution. As it will make you build a distribution strategy, find channels etc.

0 Upvotes
gabriellen

I would like to see 100 new users on my website from owned and paid media

CBlain

i want to obtain 30 new email leads on my email list.

0 Upvotes
HPrag
Participant

I want to double the organic traffic to my website in 3 months using a combination of Paid and Earned media. 

EPUNO

Specific - Get 1,000 likes on content post in social media platforms

Measurable- Monitor feedback and comments

Attainable- Monitor the data if it increases

Relevant-  The search engine will make your content more visible to audience

Time Bound- Monitor amount of traffic for 30 days.

CDeConte

At my current company, we just hired a new director of recruitment.  He has great energy and lots of ideas, but I feel like we don't have a SMART strategy.  Because he's new, I think he is of the opinion that he has to tear everything down and start over.  But I think that he needs to take the time to evaluate what we are doing currently, find areas of strength and weakness, and recommend solutions.  Many of the features that I have learned about in HubSpot are programs I didn't even know existed, and I think I may suggest using SocialBaker to learn about market trends and competitor initiatives.

0 Upvotes
MQue

want my content and brand to stay relevant

0 Upvotes
HRardin

Specific - Reah 1,000 clicks on our blog

Measurable- continually monitor blog for responses

Attainable- Monitor data as it comes in of responses

Relevant- The foot traffic will show that our ideas are reaching people and helping them discover new food aventures

Time Bound- Monitor amount of traffic for 30 days.

0 Upvotes
PrabadiPerera

Specific: 5000 blog reads,2% conversion for newsletter subscription

Measurable: We have the blog platform & analytics to measure its success (number of views,email subscriptions)

Attainable: This is not very high volume, with the right titile & distribution in right social media channels this number is attainable. 2% conversion rate is attainable with the right channels & audience target

Relevant: This helps us attain more leads who are interested in the services we elaborate in the blog posts & we can do timely newsletter campaigns for the the leads

Time bound: This blog campaign can run for 30 days and measure the quantitative success

0 Upvotes
AnniceY

Specific: I want to increase our website's organic traffic by boosting backlinks from reputable websites and blogs. This will increase our search engine ranking, thus bringing in more organic traffic.
Measurable: I’d like 30 new backlinks to our blog.
Attainable: 20 new backlinks this month.
Relevant: This goal aligns with our broader organic content marketing strategy to have more parents in an active role. We would target these parents with content related to raising children. Some examples - understanding child psychology , Nature vs Nurture, environmental & outside influences, How to inspire creativity & confidence in your child and etc.
This could also boost our earned media as we get mentions from advocates, press and third-party bloggers.
Time-bound: I’d like to receive these backlinks within the next month.
oonyinyLong_pla
Participant

Using owned and earned ads, I intend to generate traffic to our company's website, thereby maximizing sales

0 Upvotes
AlexCoMa

Example of a SMART content distribution goal:

Get 1000 people to read (scroll down 50% and spend more than 2 minutes on the page) a blog post during the next two weeks.

Specific: I want to boost the number of people who do a specific action with a specific blog post

Measurable: Google Analytics helps me set up a goal (scroll down 50% and spend 2 mins) that I can track

Attainable: We're getting about 600 reads of an average blog post per 2 weeks organically. We can leverage paid ads to get the remaining 400, it looks achievable

Relevant: This blog post conveys the main value proposition of our brand, and given that we're focusing on increasing brand awareness, it is relevant to our overall content strategy

Time-bound: next two weeks is a time frame

0 Upvotes
Ezrock37

I would like to increase brand name recognition within our smallest current market segment by 20% before next quarter to have a better chance for inclusion in possible solution options when this segment is making purchasing decisions. 

0 Upvotes
AKhan397
Contributor

I believe meeting the customers on the platform where they are based is essential. Hence developing platform-acceptable and customer-acceptable content is the key to success.

0 Upvotes