Inbound

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What’s an example of an effective content distribution goal?

There are several reasons marketers will distribute their content. Some hope their content will drive traffic to their website, while others hope it’ll help generate new leads.

Setting a content distribution goal is the foundation to building a strategy that drives results. This is accomplished by understanding the purpose behind your distribution efforts, and making your goal SMART.

What is an example of a content distribution goal you would like to set?

Remember, a SMART goal is specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound. To learn more about this, check out the Developing a Content Distribution Strategy lesson via HubSpot Academy.

443 Replies 443
LDonahue9

I create monthly digital newsletters to brand my company more than "sell". We also do quaterly printed newsletters that are sent to different zipcodes. We participate in our local chamber and several commuinty events a year to brand ourselves within the community. 

0 Upvotes
alannarhodes
Contributor

I am creating content for a new brand, but before we market the product line to the general public, we are first meeting with scientists, educators, and researchers to understand the legalities and long-term consequences of releasing the product to the general public. 

We have a current open rate of 65% and an engagement rate of 45%. We aim to encourage advocacy. 

We would like to encourage readers to advocate for our brand and conference within their professional networks by sharing the white paper and invitation with their colleagues. 

Today is 26 March 2024. The white paper will be released on 12 April 2024. We aim to increase the open rate by 20% and the engagement rate by 10% by the 15 July 2024. The conference is scheduled to take place in Miami on 10 October 2024. 

To do this we will share a series of executive summaries and key takeaways to facilitate word of mouth promotion and referrals to the white paper and event. 

This goal is SMART because it is:

• Specific: It targets the open and engagement rate to a specific white paper and invitation.
  • Measurable: The increase is quantifiable at 20% and 10% respectively. 
  • Attainable: The goal is realistic becauase the content is relevant to the target audience and there's an enticing event invitation attached to the content that can help drive the numbers. 
  • Relevant: It aligns with broader company goals of promoting the product concept and acquiring leads/partnerships within the research and education communities. 
  • Time-bound: There are specific dates for the white paper release and conference. 

EJ2

v

To increase brand visibility and engagement by 30% over the next six months through strategic content distribution across various digital channels, focusing on social media platforms, email newsletters, and partnerships with relevant industry influencers.

0 Upvotes
TMphahlele
Participant

An example of an effective content distribution goal could be:

Increase the monthly organic traffic to our new 'Guide to Sustainable Living' blog post by 25% within the next quarter by optimizing the content for high-volume keywords related to sustainability, promoting it through weekly social media posts on our platforms, and engaging in guest posting on two well-known environmental blogs.

This goal is SMART because it is:

• Specific: It targets organic traffic to a particular blog post.
  • Measurable: The increase is quantifiable at 25%.
  • Attainable: The goal is realistic, assuming the content is relevant and there's a potential audience for it.
  • Relevant: It aligns with broader company goals of increasing traffic and promoting sustainability.
  • Time-bound: The target is set for the next quarter.
AGinther

To create a communication line between the owner and the consumer of specific items that are needed/wanted to be added to the website.

0 Upvotes
A_Balti

It will depend of my primary goal and the brand awareness that my company has. For example, if I was a part of a growing startup then my primary aim would be to create brand awareness and that can be done by paid ads, SEO and tracking the CTR, and CPM. If my company already has brand awareness then I can distribute the content to existing users by remarketing.

ARodriguez12

When engaging with others and create communication groups.

0 Upvotes
ajacobs123

More engagement.

0 Upvotes
cinthyavergara
Participant

I'd use CTOR (Click-Through-Rate)  and evaluate if the content is effective at capturing the attention of my target audience, prompting them to click through to engage with the full content. Then set an increase of "x"% of CTOR in email marketing campings during the next 6 months for brand "Z" for a target group of "loyal" customers. 

NKiminza

to have more engagement between people 

0 Upvotes
AriSaenz

An effective content distribution goal would be to exand brand visibility and engagement to grow online presence, connect with a wider audience, and potentially attract opportunities for collaborations or sponsorships

wahearn

my goal is to start a blog that attracts target customers to the product im creating awareness for.

0 Upvotes
AVyas

one example of a content distribution goal i would like to set is a hybrid of reaching gender / ethnic based populations where society progressively starts to take less note of how and where they target these certain populations in ad / promotional content.  

0 Upvotes
BJones548
Contributor

My goal is to increase website and shop traffic by creating brand awareness and incentives on my website. Also utilizing earned channels to bring awareness to my brand and the different incentives my business is offering. 

0 Upvotes
LWong23
Participant

An example content distribution goal might be, 

Our goal is to leverage tags, an appealing video caption and mentions in our other videos to make this new video (on why you should join our program) among the top 3 viewed videos on our YouTube channel by December 2024.

0 Upvotes
Esther_Bassey
Participant

An example of a content disrtribution goal that i will like to set is setting an attainable SMART goal of generating new 3,000 leads for my company within the next 1 year through owned, paid and earned channels and driving traffic to our website/ socials

0 Upvotes
TSavvy

Since the goals need to be SMART (Specific, measurable, attainable, Relevand and time bound), I have added the word ads feature on my Wordpress blog/website which gives the reader an incentive to read all the blogs while browsing the ads relevant to their lives and shopping history! Since word ads share information about readers and site visitors with advertising partners so they can display personalized ads, the advertisements are usually relevant and attractive to the reader! Overall, this creates a successful content delivery system for content on Wordpress and blogger blogs which are linked with relevant calculators and apps that I am testing out for the apps I want to design and work on in the future!

0 Upvotes
JadMhaidle
Participant

"Our goal is to increase our organic traffic to our website by 5% through our facebook and instagram account, in order to increase our brand awarness, in the next 2 months".

1. Specific: The goal clearly states that the intention is to increase organic traffic to the website specifically through Facebook and Instagram efforts.

2. Measurable: The target increase is quantifiable at 5%, which allows for tracking progress and assessing the goal's completion.

3. Achievable: Assuming the baseline traffic is known and the increase is realistic based on past performance and the scale of your social media activities, a 5% increase in organic traffic is a feasible target.

4. Relevant: Increasing organic traffic for the purpose of boosting brand awareness is relevant to broader marketing and business objectives, aligning with growth and visibility goals.

5. Time-bound: The goal is set to be achieved within a specific timeframe, which is the next 2 months, providing a clear deadline for assessment.

0 Upvotes
Ravi77

Make a content plan for a month and post content accordingly to your different social media platforms as well as blog posts

0 Upvotes
ShubhamTejas

this month, up the conversion rate by 20%. The business will concentrate on using social media platforms to market its goods and encourage sales in order to meet this objective.produce material that is especially meant to entice the target market and encourage product purchases.

0 Upvotes