Inbound

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What's an example of a buyer persona with corresponding buyer's journey?

Buyer personas are key to creating a successful inbound business. Each buyer persona has his or her own journey to making a well-informed decision (i.e. buyer's journey).

The buyer's journey is comprised of three stages:

• Awareness Stage: The buyer becomes aware that they have a problem.
  • Consideration Stage: The buyer defines their problem and considers options to solve it.
  • Decision Stage: The buyer evaluates and decides on the right provider to administer the solution.

Name a brand that you're a buyer persona for. What does your journey look like to doing business with them?

*To learn more about this, check out the Developing the Buyer's Journey for Your Business lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

451 Replies 451
InventiveSanjay
Participant

Absolutely!

0 Upvotes
MEssien2MG

Awareness stage: one needs to buy a new laptop with long last durability with certain specifications.

Consideration stage: pricing and different companies that produce wat he/she wants

Decision stage: buys from the company with the specifications n best price.

AyushiChoudhary

Let's imagine a person is struggling with limiting screen time and want to rekindle his interest of reading books. He feels like buying a good novel or two will help me generate interest again and he will get into the habit of reading again. Although he does not want a novel with difficult language so he wants an author who writes in pleasant understandable English. Now this is the awareness stage

He looks for all such options and arrives at the conclusion that since he liked Khaled Hosseini's Kite Runner, he should buy his other novels as he liked his writing style previously. This is the consideration stage

He looks for reviews for two of Khaled's novels, online to get reassurance if he's making the right choice , goes through book rating websites and decides to go ahead with the decison of buying the two novels. This is the decision stage.

SScott64

Awareness Stage: device repair needs 

Consideration: price, turnaround time, quality of products being used 

Decision Stage: which vendor to go with

SonyHo

Awareness Stage: Worried Susan knows that the marketing strategy is not working well, and she needs to take action fast before her budget runs out

Consideration Stage: Worried Susan begins her journey on google and searches for the top 5 companies/individuals who can help her to achieve the goals within her timeframe, budget, and demands.

Decision Stage: Worried Susan picked the company that can help her to solve the problems, tweak the marketing campaign, create ideal persona for her and help her to achieve OKR.

0 Upvotes
LLenLeslie

Awareness Stage: Health Related products

Consideration: price, brand, originality, side effects, benefits

Decision Stage: which vendor and what brand to buy

GBulala

• Awareness Stage: I need a new phone
  • Consideration Stage: Customer researches brands, discounts, models
  • Decision Stage: customer creates a shortlist of prospect models and eventually buy one
  •  
0 Upvotes
Jojo05

A- Lots of companies are not caring 

C- This company is nice, caring, and human

D- I want to buy from this company

AEGC

• Awareness Stage: I need a new dishwasher
  • Consideration Stage: Customer researches brands, discounts, models
  • Decision Stage: customer purchases dishwasher
0 Upvotes
OAmao
Participant

Awareness: I need a holiday

Consideration: I'm looking for websites that offer a full holiday solution(accommodation, tickets, air travel and transport):

Decision: I go with Thompson Holidays

0 Upvotes
SCarsky

• Awareness Stage: Going at full potential 
  • Consideration Stage: Providing and developing solutions
  • Decision Stage: Making them feel special with tweeks of customization
0 Upvotes
JFrank717

Fannie Farmer owns and runs a CSA. Each year she hits a high level of frustration a large percentage of her CSA fails to renew a subscrtiption to her farm. Fannie Farmer doesn't exactly know why they aren't renewing but suspects she needs to do more to educate her customer. Fannie Farmer would like to provide more service but doesn't have enought time.

0 Upvotes
EMandota
Participant

Awareness: the buyer is aware of low productivity, few blocks are produced compaired to required amount as per his client order.

Consideration: The wants machine that can produce 6000 blocks a day compared to 2800 blocks which is done by a manual block machine. At this point an automatic block machine will be required to meet the goal.

Decission: the buyer evaluate if a machine from China or UK will be great fit depending on quality, price, and lead time. The buyer also evaluate transaction safety and warranty policies

0 Upvotes
PDabas

Awareness Stage: No growth in sales, in fact changing industry and increasing awareness of technology the sales are going down. New entrants are coming with marketing automation tools, sweeping the leads away. 

Consideration: Starts to look at the ways to increase the customer base, what channels should they be looking at? Website is outdated, update it or get a new one. 

Decision Stage: After looking at a number of research, internal discussions on the proposals delivered, the best vendor gets selected

0 Upvotes
BAli14

• Awareness Stage: Going at full potential 
  • Consideration Stage: Providing and developing solutions
  • Decision Stage: Making them feel special with tweeks of customization
0 Upvotes
BMichael0

Awareness Stage OK

Consideration Stage: GOOD

Decision Stage: GREAT

0 Upvotes
SRen

Awareness Stage: The buyer needs a CMO or marketing leader for their business, but the budget is limited.

Consideration Stage: They have identified that they need a marketing leader to drive their business, but by hiring a chief marketing officer, it's always difficult to find the right person and the overall recruitment cost is high. Therefore, they are looking for alternative solutions. 

Decision Stage: The buyer evaluates the pros and cons of part-time, and interim, and makes a decision on our marketing leadership-as-a-service solutions. 

0 Upvotes
uchinedu

awareness stage-he has challenges with getting good paying clients for his freelancing jobs

The consideration stage-he considers various freelancing platforms

decision stage- He is considering my freelance platform.

0 Upvotes
bbilly5

Awareness Stage: For example my  pair of glasses is broken and I need to pay another.

Consideration Stage: I need a new pair of glasses that will no only help me view but also be strong enough to resist a certain amount of chock.

Decision Stage: I look for a center where I can get what I want to. 

0 Upvotes
PrabadiPerera

IT Manager Jerry identifies that they need more resources in their IT department, such as IT helpdesk,backup solutions, this is his awareness stage. So he looks for various solutions, companies that offer such solutions which is the considration stage. Choosing the right company or solution that fits to his requirement comes in the decision stage 

Shohorab
Participant

Awareness: Potential client is made aware of the unique marketing consultancy the company provides. Free services are offered to make them aware of how sophisticated the consultancy approach is. 

Consideration: Client is addicted. The offer is irresistable. Already they are halfway down the road. 

Decision: Client does not have a choice.