Inbound

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What's an example of a buyer persona with corresponding buyer's journey?

Buyer personas are key to creating a successful inbound business. Each buyer persona has his or her own journey to making a well-informed decision (i.e. buyer's journey).

The buyer's journey is comprised of three stages:

• Awareness Stage: The buyer becomes aware that they have a problem.
  • Consideration Stage: The buyer defines their problem and considers options to solve it.
  • Decision Stage: The buyer evaluates and decides on the right provider to administer the solution.

Name a brand that you're a buyer persona for. What does your journey look like to doing business with them?

*To learn more about this, check out the Developing the Buyer's Journey for Your Business lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

451 Replies 451
ARush10
Participant

Awareness: A publication or healthcare system, vendor, has a problem of wanting to educate consumers but lacks knowledge. 

Consideration: How can they educate patients and families while marketing their product?

Decision: They decide that they want me to use my nursing expertise to reach potential clients. 

0 Upvotes
TNama

• Awareness Stage: The buyer becomes aware that they aren't reaching as many customers as they desire.
  • Consideration Stage: The buyer defines this problem and starts thinking about ways to fix this. 
  • Decision Stage: The buyer evaluates and decides to create content for its customers/potential customers and begins looking for a platform to do so. 
0 Upvotes
CVu
Participant

• Awareness Stage: Our website isn't attracting enough prospects as we'd like.
  • Consideration Stage: Our website doesn't effectively showcase our our core services, our brand/culture/employees and our proven past work  in a clean, easy to understand/follow way that resonates with prospective customers. We need to revamp the website to ensure that we are highlighting key aspects of our company simultaneously and seamlessly in a storytelling type of way.
  • Decision Stage: We seek out support from a third party, website consultant to help us redesign our home page and additional pages on our website to make it more cohesive and modernized.
0 Upvotes
RoySmith
Participant

-We have obtained our dispensary license and have contracted on a retail space.  We now need store fixtures to both display and house the merchandise.

-We should engage with providers of fixtures designed for dispensaries via Google search to determine if a source within our local market can provide

-We have now compiled a source list and engaged with multiple fabricators.  We will procure the fixtures from the fabricator that offers the fixture package that will best project our brand, within our allotted budget and in time for store opening.

-

0 Upvotes
BWarner
Participant

Example Buyers Journey for Coworking Spaces

Awareness: I am needing to get out of my house to work or take calls to stay productive and fill my social cup

Consideration Stage: I cant go back to my HQ office because it is not open yet due to COVID, so I will explore coworking location or other drop-in office spaces. 

Decision Stage: I have found a coworking location that fits my needs and alligns with my company values. 

0 Upvotes
MRoyal8
Participant

Awareness, Consideration and Decision: to produce web-friendly content for all 3 phases the prospective buiyer goes through when researching anc comparing a product or service they are interested in buying

0 Upvotes
Contributor

My buyer's journey is comprised of three stages:

• Awareness Stage: I am starting a family and need to buy a home
  • Consideration Stage: To buy a home, I need a loan. To get a loan I need to work on my credit score. where can I get help for/with that
  • Decision Stage: After looking through all the information CreditKarma will tell me my score, help me improve it, and find me a suitable loan.
0 Upvotes
NFlores
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Brand: Tile

• Awareness Stage
    • Have lost my keys and wallet for the 3rd time in day
  • Consideration Stage
    • I misplace my things
    • Is there a solution that could help me track my items
  • Decision Stage
    • Tile has a wallet and key tracker
    • I can download an app on my phone
Kome
Participant

Brand: Apurture

Awareness Stage - I'm a film looking to make better videos,  looking for solutions, I found an artilcle about 'Creating more cinematic videos'I learned about lighting, Sponsored by Apurture

Consideration -  I knew I wanted to buy some video lights to improve my videos and  started looking for Video lights and what they do, the available options to learn more about them and which ones would best solve my problem (I watched indepth videos about how different lights worked)

Decison Stage: I've learned about several types of lights at this point and all the companies that make video lights. Now I'm looking for the right, Pick, The right price point, the most value for my money, The most sactisfacoty deal. narraowed down my list and bought an Aputure (At this stage I started asking questions, talking with sales reps, getting more info about their products)

stenburgen

Awareness stage: I need to re-do my company's website.

Consideration stage: Doing research on how to go about it. Looking for possible cms to help me create a compelling website 

Decision-making stage: Zeroing down on HubSpot as a tool to help fulfill my objective 

0 Upvotes
MMusni0

Awareness stage: I need to re-do my company's website.

Consideration stage: Doing research on how to go about it. Looking for possible cms to help me create a compelling website 

Decision-making stage: Zeroing down on HubSpot as a tool to help fulfill my objective 

0 Upvotes
ARubbani
Contributor

BMW.

Awareness is created when I need to replace the car.

Great consideration is taken into the research and education of posible models I am interested in. At this stage i usaully get in contact with a dealer to gain some clarifications and get some questions answered.

Decision making for me all about the service and especially how helpful the dealer was in helping me to get to this stage. I do not like being pushed to make a purchase. So those individuals who have served me rather than sell to me usually get my purhcase order for my desired BMW choice.

0 Upvotes

awareness people should be aware of the awareness 

0 Upvotes
OOyefeso6

I am a buyer persona for a shapewear company.

• Awareness Stage: I have just had a baby. My tummy still looks like I am pregnant 6 months after having my baby. I am aware of the problem I have ie my tummy that has refused to go back to its pre-pregnancy state after childbirth.
  • Consideration Stage: My tummy has refused to go back to its pre-pregnancy state after childbirth. I need a compression garment to help me compress the tummy. And with consistent use, my tummy will retract. I have identified a few options that can help me solve my problem
  • Decision Stage: I have come across a particular shaper on the abc.com website. And because of the concise product description, the products review, and the ability of abc.com to show how this product has helped others, I have decided to buy from them. Plus, the price is right!
VHoang3
Participant

Good idea.

0 Upvotes
DHile

Finding a builder. 

• Research on ideas, best practices, traps to avoid etc.
  • Start looking at plans and features (inclusions) we like
  • Select the top 3 plans and speak to each builder
  • Consider must haves vs. nice to haves
  • Determine what each builder is willing to offer 
  • Request draft pricing and inclusions list, along with a final plan from top choice
  • Commit by leaving a full deposit to get started
CMyint
Participant

• Awareness Stage: Student Ahmed is stuck in a low paying job and wants to be able to secure higher-paying employment
  • Consideration Stage: Buyer looks through job postings, researches salaries, talks to family, friends and figures out what types of jobs pay more and what he needs to be able to secure those types of jobs, and in many cases this involves certificates, diplomas and/or Associate degrees - more education.
  • Decision Stage: Looks through all of the educational institutions in their city, looks at distances from home, if the institution offers online classes or in-person classes, or both, researches how to apply, interacts with the Recruitment Team, and hopefully has a positive experience
Zahidhasanbdj
Participant

Useful key information Thanks!

0 Upvotes
SGillani
Contributor

yes

0 Upvotes
TPhan8

Yes

0 Upvotes
FWafula
Contributor

I am a persona for small business management tools, in this case staff vacation and leave management.

• Awareness Stage: Managing vacation/leave days for my employees is taking up too much time, I'm not sure the records are even accurate anymore. I need to fix this.
  • Consideration Stage: I need a leave management tool that ensures accuracy, easy and quick to use for both manager and employee, and that automates approvals and notifications. I can use excel, a standalone desktop app, or see if there is an affordable solution online.
  • Decision Stage: I think the online solution captures my requirements best.
0 Upvotes