Inbound

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What funnels exist in your flywheel?

The flywheel represents your company as a whole, but you’ll still have funnel-shaped charts and graphs representing the effectiveness of different processes within your company, and it’s important to make sure those funnels are fueling your flywheel. What possible funnels exist within your flywheel?

*To learn more about this, check out the Growing Your Business With a Flywheel Model lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

764 Replies 764
JTruth

The funnels in my company is the sales, marketing and  customer service.

LJehring
Participant

I run a secondary education based tutoring agency. Our biggest funnel is in sales; turning interested parents into customers within our service department. Because of this the cross-team collaboration between sales and service is really important. There is a huge demand for tutors, but limited students with the adequate skills. My biggest weakness is therefore connecting opportunities into paying customers, because an opportunity only becomes a customer when we have enough people within our services department to carry it. I should start tracking and building our recruitment, hiring and training funnel paralell to improve the quantity of service supply available. Otherwise we end up forced to turn away opportunities.

Hendriana

It starts with the number of contacts - the appointments made from contacts - the number of presented appointments - and the number of sales from the presentation

Leenards
Participant

sales, customer success, marketing funnel tracked metrics

Susan11

We have a marketing funnel, and we also do a number of inbound marketing activities.

stvn

I'm part of a small startup working in the temp staffing and education space, and there are few funnels we aim to keep track of. There are funnels in recruiting, hiring, training, and retention to name a few. Ultimately, our temp employees want to climb up the career ladder towards long-term employment - starting at the bottom of the funnel, we need to upskill them. Identifying what knowledge, skills, abilities, and practical experience they need to have in order to advance, backward from there looking at how we can get them those certifications or experience in a way that meets where they are today, and that the folks we bring in are those who truly want to do the kind of work we're preparing them for. And this is likely just a tip of the proverbial 'funnel use cases' iceberg.

0 Upvotes
sdebnath6

Our key marketing funnel is moving inbound leads from content, organic search, paid social, etc., to a conversation with sales development, on to a meeting with a sales rep. Getting meetings is a key metric

RChhapwale

I run a nursing home for the elderly and now setting up a care at home agency.  Additionally, I am also involved in a HealthTech startup.  For the nursing home business, there are various channels from where we get our leads and how customers move through the funnel.  I think there's huge potential to tap customers at the bottom of the funnel to get referrals and word-of-mouth recommendations.  We need to do quite a lot in this area, to highlight what we do well and spread the word.

IzaAzman

The top & bottom funnels. From my perspective, our company has done quite well in terms of attracting new prospects via advertisement, events & delivering content. We have applied a tool that would encourage our customers to share their experiences across their networks - which impacts on feeding the people coming from the top funnel & making them stay with our business. The part which needs to improve on is our sales process.

0 Upvotes
gmhenderson

I run a small startup working in the information security and education space, and there are a fair number of funnels that we deal with. There are funnels in recruiting, hiring, training, retention, and matriculation of student employees to name a few. Ultimately, our student employees want to graduate and find long-term employment to start their career - starting at the bottom of the funnel, we need to get them employed. Identifying what knowledge, skills, abilities, and practical experience they need to have in order to get that job and what connections internally/externally need to occur, backward from there looking at how we can get them those certifications or experience in a way that meets where they are today, and that the folks we bring in are those who truly want to do the kind of work we're preparing them for. There's much more to this and other areas, but I'd be writing a full on blog post lol.

0 Upvotes
THylton
Participant

Our flywheel sees the top and bottom funnel feeding into each other, but more so the traditional top trickling down to the bottom, type funnel with our sales. 

0 Upvotes
THarawira

Top and bottom Funnel, The people coming out of the bottom of the funnel can prevent other people entering the top of the funnel.

0 Upvotes
THarawira

Top and bottom Funnel, The people coming out of the bottom of the funnel can prevent other people entering the top of the funnel.

0 Upvotes
JMoraColina

Tenemos varios funnels en especial en la etapa de pre venta, es aquí donde estamos haciendo todos los esfuerzos 

0 Upvotes
Rahulkori

it is possible to have awareness about the product and it has been successful as a funnel  to get leads we have to know the potential customer who is effective for the company.

JYoder34
Participant

Our key marketing funnel is moving inbound leads from content, organic search, paid social, etc., to a conversation with sales development, on to a meeting with a sales rep. Getting meetings is a key metric.

0 Upvotes
canismajor

We have several funnels that represent the different aspects of our business: customers and careers. We use our candidate pipeline to find technical talent in the area and from them from the applicant stage to the new hire stage. Our customer pipeline, although much lengthier of a sales cycle, onboards customers from either strangers/referrals to new customer and ideally repeat business if it's a good fit. 

0 Upvotes
HAsres03

I am currently a college student but I have roles in social media/marketig for my schools black student organization. The top of the tunnel is black students that will potentially joi events.

0 Upvotes
KSmoot1

One of the funnels that I work with is potential students (top of the funnel) and students that have chosen to attend the school (bottom of the funnel). We attract students that want to study in the United States, engage with them by collecting thier information through the application process, and try to provide a great experience so they may want to attend a program at our school. While students may love the experience they had with us, there are a lot of factors that influence thier decision to select their school and program of study. It is important that we have students sharing their great experience about the school with their friends and family to increase the amount of students that want to attend a program here and ultimately retain those students. 

0 Upvotes
Flora197

I'm still college student but last summer I had experience to work as Content Creator Intern in Tourism company. My last company always tried to encourage my team to wirte content and update on social media plaforms every day to attract customers. Although our post approached many readers, our custormers who actually need to book tour was still low. I wonder where the problem is for a long time but now after this course, I realize that our company content is good but it do not bring a good experience for middle customer. That is the reason why, we have a lot of top customers but a few of final customers. 

0 Upvotes
PBrown1

The funnel that exists in my company is the fundamental idea/ methodology itself. Up until this course it's always been add more people to the top so that you can earn a transaction at the bottom, as they said, inbound is a business mindset shift.

0 Upvotes