Inbound

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What does a conversion look like on your website?

A conversion is defined as a moment when a website visitor takes the desired action. Ideally, this will occur throughout the visitor’s lifecycle to becoming a customer.

Keeping this in mind, what does a conversion path look like on your website? Consider reviewing:

• Where and how do you attract someone?
  • What does the conversion path look like on your website?
  • What is the conversion?

If you don't have an example of this to share for your website, then feel free to share an example of a conversion path from another brand that you think is effective.

*To learn more about this, check out the Understanding Conversion Strategy lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

234 Replies 234
SAAChaudhary

Subscribe to Newsletter.

Request a Quote.

Live Chat.

0 Upvotes
RPaterson4

We've tried ebooks, popup and discovery calls.  None of which have got us any real success.  I'm looking forward to some real action utilising hubspot!

0 Upvotes
CHadley

Register for an event, sign up for a subscription, and click link in email for further requirements like submission and registration.

0 Upvotes
LKozaritz

Chatbots, referrals, downloadable content, on-demand webinars, schedule a demo.

Visitors land on our website and have the option to Request/schedule/get a Demo, Contact Us, or view resources that are available or gated content, subscribe to blog.

Depending on which action they choose, notifications are sent to sales and BDRs that a visitor is very engaged in content, want to be contacted or want to schedule a demo. 

We send marketing emails that help drive the visitors to our intended area on our website.

We also post on two social channels that lead people back to a blog post, gated content (downloadable content or view a webinar)

MichaelJ11
Participant

- proactive email campaign solicitations, referrals, paid ads, customer appreciation and new business development events
- land on the website, have the option to live chat, schedule a demo, have a resource reach-out, download many different pieces of information, watch short videos... etc.
- Email signup, content downloads, offer to set up a complimentary test environment for proof on concept

Luciaac

For the company I work for, conversions happen like this...

1. Through SEO, paid ads, social media, events or referrals.
  2. If it's through SEO, paid ads or social media, they sign up for a free trial or a demo
  3. After that, our sales and support team take over by offering training, free data upload and remove all obstacles.
  4. We send emails throughout their trial period reminding them of the services we offer, features and software rollout for their company
amaguire2
Participant

• Click a link in a social post, to register for an event.
  • Click a link in an email, register for a subscription or an event.
  • Click a link in an email to accept an offer of admission 
0 Upvotes
MukhtarMeer
Contributor

Search engine or Social media.
Find the site, read about a manual solution that offered the ability to purchase an automated solution.
Email signup, purchase, repurchase, or join an online community.

MDimgba

I attract and get my conversion mostly on socila media, conversion to me is a way or strategy of pulling traffic and converting them into buying my products.

conversion is attracting customer and converting them into buying 

BAppel

So we create custom forms across all our offering on the website and use the HS landing page for quick conversions for an audience that prefers content and information only on social media. Each form is tailored to the CTA and included in all blog posts or any relatable content on the website. 

1. We attract them via our online platforms or where we promote our brand with partnerships or features

2. Simple and easy to use forms are created and used alongside the relevant information after seeing the post/ad

3. Newsletter subscriptions through personal interest and through sales.

0 Upvotes
tina_freemodel

Our conversions are to a landing page where we house a form to be filled out. Our site is small and people are learning about our offering. I'm debating to keep nav bar or not. One thing I like is that Hubspot captures any lead form completion to the media source so I wont loose that attribution in that session. Curious to other people's thoughts.

0 Upvotes
cmares
Contributor

Our conversions are usually to a landing page to receive contact information through a form. We are getting creative to include an offer or additional information and hope to use HubSpot to enhance our current processes of obtaining a conversion.

0 Upvotes
LuAkay
Participant

• Where and how do you attract someone? Word of mouth, news, etc
  • What does the conversion path look like on your website? Sign ups for using the website / service or sales through the service
  • What is the conversion? non-members/non-buyers become members/buyers
TMcVey

1. We use email

2. Its more friendly

3. How they can get better 

RParks13
Participant

We are ultimately looking for someone to book a demo or an introductory meeting. Currently, we typically attract prospects through LinkedIn and emails. The conversion path is currently just a landing page with a button and a form.

AHasan1

For us, it takes place when a customer makes a booking based on their customized points accumulation offer

0 Upvotes
PNeag
Participant

We use email, organic and paid social to attract customers.  As formats we use pop-ups on our website, buttons, blog posts with buttons and live messaging.

0 Upvotes
MViteri

1. We can attrack more by giving people some goodies for their imporvement.

2. I think its friendly

3. About career growth 

0 Upvotes
ADinbokowitz

A conversion path for our site would be site visitation leading to completing a Request for more Information form.

0 Upvotes
AMismar7

I believe filling forms are not convincing enough for a conversation action to users visiting your website.

0 Upvotes