Inbound

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What content ideas do you have for your buyer’s journey?

The buyer’s journey is the active research process someone goes through leading up to a purchase. It’ll help you understand your audience’s challenges and goals, and provide guidance for brainstorming new content.

Get started creating impactful content for your target audience by brainstorming one content idea for each stage of the buyer’s journey. Then, share your ideas below!

Remember, the buyer’s journey consists of three stages: awareness, consideration, and decision. 
To learn more about this, check out the Creating Content for the Buyer’s Journey lesson via HubSpot Academy.

553 Replies 553
wgordon612

Awareness - Two common problems we find amongs VPs of Sales in the marketing and advertising industry is equipping their teams with the right tools that will help them understand a brand's media spend, at least at a high level, and getting accurate emails. Main reasons are so they don't waste time on brands that don't spend in their area of expertise and, when they do find the right brands, they can get the right contact quickly. I'd consider an infographic demonstrating how long and separated a process it is to gather both pieces of information, how much time and focus it takes away from their sales team, and, ultimately, how much it costs them from a revenue perspective. Less about me and my prodcut and more about their problem.

Consideration - A comparison guide would fit well here. One common solution is to select a cheaper and less effective email solution. You save money, but ultimately spend more time hunting emails when they're wrong. Media spend is trackable using specific solutions that focus on that alone, but ultimately you can't put a name or face to the money. That's where our solution comes in - putting both media spend and contacts in one place, while focusing solely on the contact info of actual decision makers. 

Decision - I'd offer a free trial or consultation, but maybe start with a small ask that I've seen be effective. Rather than ask for your time, I'd ask you to put us to the test. Tell me your target market and target contacts, I'll give you any and all information I can find on them. If you like what you see, explore the whole product with me. 

ASharma83

1. Top of the Funnel: Awareness

In the awareness phase, the following types of content work well:
  • Blog posts
  • Social media posts
  • Infographics
  • Videos

2. Middle of the Funnel: Evaluation/Consideration

During the consideration/evaluation phase, the following types of content are appropriate:
  • Case studies
  • Webinars
  • Podcasts
  • Newsletters
  • How-to content showcasing your products features and comparing to competitors
  • Product spec sheets
  • Whitepapers

3. Bottom of the Funnel: Conversion/Purchase
Content types that work well in the Conversion/Purchase phase include:

• Case studies
  • Free trials
  • Offers
  • Product literature
  • eBooks
  • Webinars

4. Beyond the funnel: Delight/Retention
Use social media outreach and email to offer customers helpful, resourceful content to keep the relationship fresh.

SHunter2

Looking at publics that we haven't considered before who are key to influencing another's buying decision. And creating content that speaks to their interests in the buyer's decision.

0 Upvotes
CJoseph6
Contributor

Awareness Stage: A blog post about the importance of my services and how it can help your business

Consideration Stage: Reviews from customers

Decision Stage: Offer a discount or free 1 week's trial

vlieu

very impressive about understanding the customers

0 Upvotes
AGuardino

The buyer's journey reveals what individuals, want need, or desire.  It is how to understand the consumer and what drives them to purchase.

0 Upvotes
MMoses6
Participant

Awareness: A podcast or how-to video on why my product/company is best for the costumers and how to use it. 

Consideration: Gather and make feedback and recommendations from customers who've used said product/worked with said company, accessable. 

Decision: Give a month free-trial stage, and offer access to promotions. 

HasanSharaf

• Awareness stage: a how to video or a blog about how to measure your BMR according to your weight,height and age.
  • Consideration stage: a comparison guide speaks about different BMR calculators with the pros and cons of each one of them. 
  • Decision stage: making a 7days free trial for our calc OR making a free consultation session with one of our nutrition experts with any customer who might have any question while highlighting our solutions.
JuliaTong
Contributor

Awareness: An article about how video games can help with anxiety relief

Consideration: Accumulate great testimonials about the product

Decision : Interactive game display ad in other games

Nsrx94

Awareness : social media content, Blog,and Ebook Guide

Consderation : demo video, Social Media post

Decision : discount or promotion

Jimbot

awareness: free tips/how-to guide related to product/industry (with email address submission)

consideration: product dem videos

decision: follow-up discount; access to exclusive promotions

Iffa

Awareness : social media content

Consderation : demo video

Decision : follow up or promotion

yannisv

awareness stage: ebook and social content

consideration stage: quizzes, youtube reactions/reviews

decision stage: a free trial or a price discount

kna1

creating a youtube playlist catalog and explainting them with content creators, 

0 Upvotes
Participant

For the awareness stage, we have been considering how we can utilize video to educate leads in a format that they prefer consuming. Since the bulk of our audience is millenials, videos is a great format to reach them in. In the decision stage, it would be ideal to create written content that positions as thought leaders. It will also be a good time to develop a relationship with our customer through personalized emails. In the decision stage, we will still utilize emails to drive home our product features so our future customers understand how we can help them.

JYadav0
Participant

If they are in Awarnewss Stagege  direct them to a solution, like blog posts, social content, and ebooks.... Anything from these should be making them in next stage. 

0 Upvotes
KEC_Nation

Awareness Stage: blog post, live serminars/sessions, educative content with a call to action to subcribe to blog posts, email list or newsletters

Consideration Stage: quizes, blog posts, newsletter or Email with a call to action to get sample of product for free

Decision Stage: access to highly valuable product sample with a call to action to purchase full version

LilianaBaglieto
Participant

Definitely, we need to work on awareness. Even though our industry considers our clients on a seasonal or annual basis, building a relationship is a mid-term process that begins with them becoming aware of what we do.

Yara85

We can help our buyers understand when it is time to relpace their mattress, how to select the right mattress for them, what to expect when they come into the store, and how to select a pillow that will complement their new mattress and ensure a good night's sleep.

AForbes4

I use Youtube to go along with the awareness stage. 

CBlain

creating tiktok videos about life, family, personal issues, and current events.