Inbound

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

[Heads Up] We're updating the Inbound Marketing Certification 🥳

Here at HubSpot Academy, our mission is to educate and inspire people so that we, together, transform the way the world does business. That means consistently delivering up-to-date education on the strategies and tactics that help businesses grow and reach and resonate with their audiences.

Enter the Inbound Marketing Certification. It's one of my favorites. It was one of the first certifications I helped build as an Academy Professor. It was also built in 2018. 

Yep. That's right. 2018. And at the risk of sounding obvious, a lot has changed since 2018. 

Which means, in order to really solve for you, the HubSpot Academy professors had some work to do.

Thankfully, the HubSpot Academy team isn't one to back down from a challenge. After endless cups of coffee and a few (well, maybe more than a few) Zoom calls, I'm happy to announce we have completely rebuilt the certification from the ground up. So, let's talk details. 

When is the revised version of the certification course launching?

January 19th, 2022 at 12pm EST. That's a week from when I'm writing this post. 

Does this impact my current Inbound Marketing certification?

We definitely recommend you check out the new content. That said, this update will not affect your current certification status. You'll only need to officially renew your certification when it expires (you can check your certification's status in the Academy App under My Learning).

I'm halfway through the 2018 version of the Inbound Marketing certification. What does this mean for me? 

We will be keeping the 2018 version of the Inbound Marketing certification live in the Academy app until February 2, 2022. This is to ensure all current learners have time to wrap up their test taking and complete the certification that they started.

That said, we advise all new users or users looking to get re-certified to head to the new version of the certification.  After February 2, the 2018 version will be gone for good. 

What else should I know about the content?

We took all of your feedback into account with this update. We're excited to share that each new lesson is loaded with new examples (some from HubSpot customers themselves) and ways you can directly implement these strategies at your business.

The new version of the certification also comes with a brand new (and totally awesome) workbook. The exercises found in this workbook were built so you can immediately start applying everything you learn as you progress through the certification.

What about the exam? Anything changing with that?

While the exam has been updated to reflect the current material, it will still look and feel the same. 60 questions, 45 to pass 🙂 If you're like me and you get testing anxiety, not to fear. We've also designed a new study guide to help prepare you for the exam. Trust me, if you review this study guide and fill it out thoughtfully, you'll do great. 

Will the update be available in all languages?

Not yet, but our team of professors is working hard to translate this content into Spanish, French, German, and Japanese. You'll be seeing this content in those languages in the coming months. 

I'm not seeing the new Inbound Marketing Certification at academy.hubspot.com. Where can I find it? 

Great question! The team is currently working on updating all the landing pages on academy.hubspot.com to point to the course. To be transparent, because of the update, we need to do this carefully so we don't cause issues with SEO rankings.

For now, you can find the updated version directly in the Academy app by searching "Inbound Marketing" or by using this link.

FOLKS! We have a landing page 😎Although, you can still use this internal link to access the content directly in the Academy App. 

Wait! I have more questions! 

I'd love to hear them. Happy to answer any and all questions about this update in the thread below. I might even have to update this main post if I get enough of them. 

Most of all, I want to say thank you. I'm truly grateful for this community of professionals and I can't wait to show you what we've been working on. And who knows, maybe you'll even see an intermediate sequel certification soon 🤔😏

40 Replies 40
EOnyetube9
Participant

Wow, I am just starting my certification so it's all good. Please send me all the material to study with via my email. I will like to know how to start and finish the video without the website taking me to another page then I will have to start looking for the next study video. 

Thank you 

0 Upvotes
SMoore43

Do you have the video transcripts available now and if so where might I find/download them?

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Hi @SMoore43 - all the video transcripts for the Inbound Marketing Certification can be found under the "Resources" tab in each lesson.Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 10.08.04 AM.png

BFeagin

I appreciate the update on the inbound marketing certification. 

BFeagin

Hi Jorie,

Thank you for the useful information provided, it's greatly appreciated. 

JenBergren
Guide

Hi Jorie!
Thank you for the info!
Is there a way to be emailed about these certification launches before we see them appear in our portal?
We require our whole team to earn and maintain all the certifications and we tie them to earning and keeping certain benefits such as reduced working time, so we all keep a close eye on the certification badges to make sure we're up-to-date. One eagle-eyed team member saw the new version appear yesterday and it led to a flurry of investigation, landing on this helpful post 🙂 

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
Human-Centered Operations Leader, HubSpot SuperFan, Instructional Design and Lifelong Learning Advocate
Connect with me on Linkedin
JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Hi @JenBergren! I've been working with each of our customer and partner outreach teams to ensure they're covering this update in their upcoming newsletters! To my knowledge, this cert will be featured in a couple different emails going out to teams in the next 1-3 weeks. 

That said, I've also been talking to Julien on our credentials team and we think there may be a larger use case here 🤔I'm going to submit a feature with our dev team to see if we can put together an automated message any time a certification launches / updates. No promises, of course, but I think it would make for a really cool opt-in feature. 

JenBergren
Guide

Thank you @JorieMunroe !! That automated message would be AMAZING if it is possible!

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
Human-Centered Operations Leader, HubSpot SuperFan, Instructional Design and Lifelong Learning Advocate
Connect with me on Linkedin
DGarciaRodríg

Hola, me gustaria saber si con lo aprendido en la anterior version podemos aplicarlo para realizar una estartegia de inbound marketing efectiva o no tendremos un buen resultado de esto por ser una informacion desactualizada.

Gracias!! 

Juanita
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

¡Hola @DGarciaRodríg

La versión anterior de la certificación enseña muy bien el inbound marketing. Sin embargo, la nueva versión contiene enfoques más actualizados de las estrategias y tácticas (con investigación actualizada también).

Así que, la versión anterior sigue siendo válida, pero la información presentada en la nueva certificación está más actualizada.

Juanita Moreno
Inbound Professor (Español)
HubSpot Academy
DGarciaRodríg

¡Hola Juanita!

Gracias por tu respuesta. Tu sabes para cuando esta proyectado aprox. el lanzamiento de la vesion en español de este curso actualizado.

0 Upvotes
tmiask

I love the update but the timing is less than ideal given that spring semester has/is about to start.

My undergraduate intro digital marketing course is designed to be aligned with the structure of the old version of the Inbound Marketing certification course -- the structure/lessons in the new course are quite different.

My class starts on Monday and a few students have already gotten started on the online content. Is there any way to keep the access to the old version till mid May?

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Hi @tmiask! Currently, there are no plans to extend the February 2nd deadline. That said, could you reach out to Melody Cooke (mcooke@hubspot.com) and Cheyenne Boyce (cboyce@hubspot.com)? They are working diligently with our Education Partners to ensure this transition is as smooth as possible. 

0 Upvotes
AAhmedabadi
Participant

Hi Jorie, can you please help with the link for the new course?

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Hi @AAhmedabadi ! Great question 😄 You can use this link  to navigate to the course directly in your portal. I've also updated the thread above with this question! 

0 Upvotes
LFreed2

Where is the link for the updated course? There are two options listed in the Academy but it doesn't indicate that one is new for 2022.

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Hi @LFreed2 ! The new version is just titled "Inbound Marketing." You can access it here. The older version can be found under "Inbound Marketing (2018 Version)"

0 Upvotes
SRebello

Hi thats great to see its getting a new version but I might be taking my exams by 24th Jan so after Feb 2nd will I get a new certificate or how does that work ?

Thanks
Simi

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Hi @SRebello! If you test on the older material, you'll be rewarded the 2018 version of the certification. That said, it still qualifies as the Inbound Marketing credential and won't expire for the full 2 years. 

0 Upvotes
DrElaineY

I'm excited to hear  of the update in the InBound Certification. 

However the timing of the current version being turned off on February 2nd is a challenge for our online 7 week course which began Monday of this week. In that class students begin taking their lessons this week and by the 2nd they will be half way through their lessons with the goal of taking the exam by the first week of March.

To switch everything up right in the middle of the 7 week class is a challenge for sure -- any chance our students can have an extension before the old version goes away? We would need it until March 4.

Is this an option?

Thanks!

Elaine
0 Upvotes