Inbound Sales

KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What's your next sales training topic?

There are a lot of different topics sales teams need to be trained on. Share the topic of a sales training you either ran in the past or are planning for the future. If it's one you ran in the past, how did it go? Share your stories in the comments below!

*To learn more about this, check out the Sales Training Techniques and Ideas lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

68 Replies 68
ANieto6

About creating the Buyer Persona, designing and creating the lead matrix and how to use sales software.

0 Upvotes
TSavvy

As part of training and education, I plan to train Individuals to upsell vacation packages. Individuals will connect with their friends, families and social media to offer vacation packages to destinations like Bahamas, Orlando Resort, Daytona Beach, Carraibbean cruise, Hawaii etc. To upsell these vacations packages, I will list numerous skills (Knowledge acquisition for students) which include but not limited to volunteering to file Tax returns, offering travel & Tours, renovation and handyman gigs, real estate rentals and sales as well as Auto Sales/Rentals. Initially, I will either rent out office space or offer rideshare services in order to connect and train students and potential customers (Knowledge Sustainment). First of all, I will try to find out the specific skill that may used to upsell the vacation package. Since every individual has different skills, it is important to understand what can be used to upsell! Next, I will have them cold call or talk with acquaintances and extended family as well as friends about the deal using their skills to add to the package deal (Skills Development). Furthermore, they will setup appointments with their clients to apply their skillset (Filing Taxes) and discuss package delivery options (Skill Transfer). To get a better idea on conversion as well as success rates of my students, I will then have them practice these skills over and over again until they get better conversion rates. Finally, I will measure results via a profit and loss report for my business!

0 Upvotes
CSheriff

I once had to be trained for appliance sells. The first thing we learned was the ask the customer about features or brand preferences, and then we would show them a higher end product that would best fit their wants and needs best. 

0 Upvotes
JD11

A good training topic could be - Closing techniques. This training will emphasize the importance of understanding customer needs, asking insightful questions, and offering tailored solutions to address those needs. Also, learning effective methods for guiding customers through the decision-making process and confidently asking for the sale when the time is right.

0 Upvotes
ReginaRZ
Participant

Conversion rates

0 Upvotes
Cengiz

- how to qualify customers?

- customer-oriented presentation

- customer need - product spec matrix

DChristman

getting more clients

0 Upvotes
JValdez3

How to get more clients interested and close the sales.

0 Upvotes
LDlamini9
Participant

I had training on Prospecting. It did work except that It fell short of matching our products with the buyer persona.

0 Upvotes
nikeh1

How to turn prospects to customers 

SVinayak

The next sales training topic is to How we generate the lead and turn them into deal won.

0 Upvotes
VR46

How to create the better stratagies to transform the Closed Lost Leads to Closed Won Leads?

One of the topics in sales training is 'Effective Communication and Active Listening Skills'. This area focuses on developing one's ability to communicate in a clear and effetive way, activley listening to the needs of a potential or current customer and responding to them well. 

0 Upvotes
RMullen

A Sales Training I ran recently was visually explaining Molly Rigatti's LAZER playbook of Solution Selling:  Listen, Acknowledge, Zip It, Explore and Respond that I learned from the recent Inbound Conference.  I explained each step and how it applied to our sales calls with examples. I concluded the training by running through a role play example with myself as the Sales Representative and my Team Lead as the Prospect. We were able to perfect the script before the training to exhibit a strong example the team could follow. The training went well and the representatives said they learned a lot! 

0 Upvotes
IMercado

Product knowledge and inquiry

0 Upvotes
skaB00140128

Sale

0 Upvotes
YAhmed65

Upselling and Cross-Selling Spa Services