Inbound Sales

KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What's your favorite coaching tactic?

Coaching is vital to the success of individual reps and the team as a whole, but it can be hard to know how best to use that time. Have a coaching technique that worked well? Share it in the comments below!

*To learn more about this, check out the Sales Coaching Training for Managers lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

64 Replies 64
YHamdi

my faveriote coching tacktic is wher eu conciously get them to do task without realizing then painting a bigger picture mr miagi

0 Upvotes
Huich3n

thank you

0 Upvotes
BCoy
Participant

I have a catalog of skills training broken out by category. This helps my reps and I more specifically define where our time is best served. 

0 Upvotes
EMwangi

Ride alongs with reps during face to face customer meetings to better understand their weak and strong spots. Then from my observation assess their coaching needs.

JDutremble47

Self coaching - asking questions to the rep on how they are thinking about it and what they feel is the best path forward and why

MTalenfeld
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

I ask questions. Lots of questions, which help people think.

SHassan2

I love this course 

0 Upvotes
PCrespo

Biweekly 1-on-1s with reps. Having them listen to eachother's recorded calls and point out the good, bad, and the opportunities missed so that they can each know how to improve. Im am there just asking questions, while the reps are talking/feeding off eachother's progress and energy and holding eachother accountable. 

JaneBoag
Participant

Bi-weekly 1:1 - personal performance in OKRs and address what is good/need help with (ie of what stage of the sales process are they losing customers), task achievement reporting/grading (as per CRM data), personal / life and career goals

0 Upvotes
AOwonibi
Participant

Awesome

0 Upvotes
hotsyrob

we use weekly group coaching and bi-weekly individual coaching.  Our #1 goal here is to help people grow that is what coaching is all about

0 Upvotes
DJacksonDJ
Participant

1 on 1 listening

0 Upvotes
MarlaMoran

I have bi-weekly 1:1 with all my superstars.  We discuss WINS, Opportunities, Obsticals, and Take Aways.  WOOT! WOOT!

0 Upvotes
Jyeesmuis
Participant

I like to do the 1:1 and also like to use the team member accessing pipelines of everyone

HariniRam
Participant

1:1 conversation with a rep.

Playing the recording during standup and getting the team to give feedback to each other.

These two are magic 🙂 

0 Upvotes
JUken
Contributor

Yes. Aggree

0 Upvotes
AGama6

As working on key areas of your sales process and weakness of sales reps

0 Upvotes
HHowell

yes I think so

0 Upvotes
FerRivarola

After two years working as a sales manager of a small team I can say that involving also in their own personal motivation and personal situation is as important as any other sales techniques, quotas, KPI, etc.

When you invest time enough on building a close two-ways relationship with your team, the results are great both in professional and personal side!

And, I feel myself acomplished doing my role 🙂

And, I feel 

RGari

Yes
0 Upvotes
MrOneCarlos
Contributor

Be consistent and honest. Most reps want to learn and do well. There's a coaching model called "Credible coaching" that I find works well when in the field. I also find that the coaching must be understood by both parties. For example: are we coaching to fix a problem or are we coaching to improve a rep? Is it skill or is it will that's in the way? Those are two different conversations as a coaching point of view.