Inbound Sales

KyleJepson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What makes inbound sales different?

Inbound sales transforms sales to match the way people buy. It's all about meeting prospects where they are and helping them move toward a purchasing decision. Is this different from the way you're used to approaching sales, or have you been doing sales in this way but calling it something else? Leave your thoughts in the comments about how inbound sales is similar to or different from the way you've been doing sales.

*To learn more about this, check out the Inbound Sales Fundamentals lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

826 Antworten
DBaker00
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Consultative sales. A real win/win scenario for both the seller and the buyer.

JHarvey82
Mitglied

This is not a different way I have been using sales. I have been working on improving my knowledge on inbound sales.

0 Upvotes
NFuerst
Mitglied

What makes inbound sales different from how I've been approaching sales in my position is how it capitalizes on the power of social media for a company. Not only do companies get their names out on social media, but they can answer common questions among potential active buyers. It also doesn't hurt that they could be self-advertising as well, depending on what they post on blogs, LinkedIn, etc. 

0 Upvotes
soundarya07
Mitglied

Inbound sales marks the initial step in fostering connections, commencing from the moment you engage with potential clients, guiding them through the process towards making a buying choice.

0 Upvotes
tuckeri
Mitglied

this seems like the ony way to sell in my opinion. Additionally, the inbound sales process seems like a great sales presentation. As the girls say these days, "you did your big one".

0 Upvotes
BFuller3
Mitglied

I've always considered it the buyers journey, not inbound sales and very familiar with these stages and overall concept.  

0 Upvotes
JONeill3
Mitglied

• Inbound sales is something that I was aware of, but just did not know the name of it. The process of researching your buyer and asking the right questions while knowing all the answeres to their questions since you did research before the meeting or call. I never knew the name to inbound sales but now I do, and I feel like it is a great way of doing sales in the modern day age. 
0 Upvotes
KAgres
Mitglied

It focuses on getting to know your buyers and positioning yourself as someone who knows what they are going through and influences them into buying your product by improving their experience, educating them about the product, and connecting their specific challenges to your product.

Josedeulalio
Mitglied

Inbound sales focus on attracting potential customers through valuable content and experiences tailored to their needs, while outbound sales involve reaching out to prospects directly. Inbound sales tend to be more customer-centric, nurturing relationships and providing solutions, whereas outbound sales often rely on cold calls or emails and can feel more intrusive.

BLiu24
Mitglied

Inbound sales is where the start journey of building the relationship when you meet with your prospects, to helping them move toward a purchasing decision.

0 Upvotes
HMadurapperum
Mitglied

Inbound sales make the client make his /her decisions independently with awareness under and sales person will act as a guide.

0 Upvotes
FFerrara
Teilnehmer/-in

Inbound sales in my mind was when enquiries come in via an some sort of buyer initiated contact. I agree meeting the buyer where they are is critical. The challenge for sales people who understand this, I think, is making sure they spend the time to understand where the buyer is. Especially hard in organisational cultures where managers dont understand this and just want results. 

0 Upvotes
TNwakobi
Mitglied

In Nigeria, inbound sales aligns well with the cultural emphasis on trust-building but may face challenges with limited reach and competition. While it's cost-effective and adaptable to changing market dynamics, it requires patience due to its time-consuming nature. Success hinges on balancing these factors and tailoring strategies to the Nigerian market's unique characteristics.
0 Upvotes
CColegate
Mitglied

Inbound is similar to what I have been doing because it leverages finding solutions to customers needs versus pushing products or services onto customers who do not have a need and will not drive their nor my business forward. 

0 Upvotes
AAlonso7
Mitglied

Inbound sales is a client centered approach that depends around giving important substance, looking for consent before commitment, and instructing possibilities as opposed to promoting items. It's tied in with building trust through multi-channel commitment and information driven advancement to make positive encounters and fruitful deals results.

SHernandez14
Mitglied

It pays attention to buyers' demands and determines if the offer can resolve their concerns.

0 Upvotes
SBamigbola
Teilnehmer/-in

It's the same, the sales person must consider the buyer and not the seller of the service or produce and make sure their needs are met . 

0 Upvotes
TPhan10
Mitglied

It's pays attention to the buyer and their demands and determines if the offer can resolving their concerns.

0 Upvotes
aawaleh
Mitglied

focus on education and problem solving 

kMejías
Teilnehmer/-in

Inbound sales stands out from traditional sales approaches due to its philosophy and techniques that align closely with the modern buyer's behavior. Unlike outbound sales, which often involves reaching out to potential customers regardless of their interest or readiness, inbound sales focuses on attracting customers through valuable content and interactions that are relevant to their specific needs and stage in the buying process.

Here's a more structured point on what makes inbound sales different:

1. Buyer-Centric Approach: Inbound sales strategies are built around the buyer's needs, challenges, and decision-making process. Sales efforts are tailored to address the buyer's situation, making the approach more personalized and less intrusive.

2. Educational Content: Inbound sales relies on providing useful content that educates the buyer. By sharing knowledge and expertise, sales representatives position themselves as trusted advisors rather than just vendors.

3. Leveraging Digital Behavior: Inbound sales takes advantage of the buyer's online research habits by ensuring that helpful information is available through the channels where potential customers are already searching for solutions, such as search engines and social media.

4. Warm Leads: Through inbound tactics, the leads that come to sales are usually better informed and closer to making a purchase decision because they have already engaged with the company's content, expressing a preliminary interest.

5. Alignment with Marketing: Inbound sales works in tandem with inbound marketing, ensuring a seamless experience for the buyer from the first touchpoint through to the final sale, reinforcing consistency and trust.

By concentrating on these distinct aspects, inbound sales shifts the dynamic from selling to helping, fostering relationships that can lead to higher conversion rates and customer satisfaction.

LNLatina
Teilnehmer/-in

Inbound sales is more specific and a targeted approach to customer's concern. They already know what they're looking for, so listening to the customer is crucial for us to better assess and address their needs.