Inbound Sales

KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

New to the Inbound Sales Study Group? Introduce yourself here ‌⬇️‌

One of the best ways to learn inbound sales is by implementing strategies and sharing ideas with other sales professionals, just like you.

That’s why we’re so excited to create this community of inbound sales professionals to learn and grow better together!

To get started, say hello and introduce yourself. Here are some questions to help you get started:

• What's your current role?
  • What industry do you currently work in?
  • What's one tactic you recommend to closing more deals?
  • What are you hoping to get out of being a member of this study group?
2,638 Replies 2,638
JBuck2

Good morning. I am a sales coach for our 4-person sales team in the visual communications (signage) industry.

One tactic l recommend to closing more deals is consistently using the mobile app to scan business cards to make sure I remember to follow up with new prospects. 

The main thing I hope to get out of being a member of this study group is the ability to ask questions when needed. 

NDeLaTorre
Participant

Hi everyone in the Hubspot community! I am looking foward to see how much I learn from this site and how to use it to improve my workplace!

My current role is E-commerce. I am hoping to land a marketing spot in the company I am currently working for. I hope to bring in more deals and sales to the organization. 

I work in a retail industry. I recommend to always have good communication and attitude to be able to close more deals. I hope to learn more about sales proffessionalism from this group ! 

PDiwan

Hi everyone at Hubspot Inbound Sales Community. 

Happy to join this community, I work with a life insuracne company handling customer journey projects as a program manager. In my vast experience with BFSI, have noticed lot of sales pilfriege because of disjointed or inefficient sales process. 

To my mind, it's very essential for sales people and thier managers to have a 360 degree view of thier overall sales efforts, which is mostly missing. 

I hope to get knowledge of how platform like Hubspot can help sales and business management fraternity by having innovative solutions, i also hope to sell these Hubspot applications to my customers going forward.

0 Upvotes
AFitzmaurice
Participant

Greetings all sales folks on HubSpot!  I have been using Hubspot doing some small client work building out automations.  I have a lot of sales experience over the years mostly with large, F100 companies and surprising most were not using an inbound philosophy.  I really want to ramp up my skills in inbound sales.  Also looking at other side businesses leveraging my sales experience and ideally, HubSpot (still figuring that out!) - Happy to be here, learn and share some knowledge as well.

Current Industry - Financial services and payments

A tactic - if someone wants to wait or "think about it", I ask them, is it the solution I have presented to solve your challenge, or is it the price that is causing you hesitation?  Once they have answered this, I know where I have to go back to in the probing and presenting.

What I hope to get out of the group - best practices on inbound sales.

DTrujillo

Hi Everyone! Happy to be joinng the Sales Study Group. 

I'm currently a Regional Sales Director for an SaaS e-learining provider. Primarily an individual contributor, but I'd like to get back into managing teams. I get much more out of helping others succeed and developing and implementing strategies than through the thrill of the close. 

One tactic that has always been helpful in closing deals is being genuine. Always be upfront and honest with your prospects, even if you think your response might hurt the deal, it will do more to save the relationship long-term than wreck their perception of you and the organization you work for. 

Cheers,

David

TWilkes
Participant

Hey all, Just joining the chit chat here. We're based in Central London. Keen to meet other people growing their hubspot offering and teams! 

We are collaborativecreations.co.uk. We offer our business development and marketing services to the Live Events industry (Specifically.)

Closing more deals for us is about creating as many "touch-points" as you can, Referalls, Follow Ups, Mail Outs, Advertising, Meetings, Networking etc. The more you become a familiar part of your prospects world, the more trust is built and ease of getting over the line without forced selling.

All the best

Tom

0 Upvotes
Owen21
Participant

Welcome to the Inbound Sales Study Group!

0 Upvotes
OOlomolaiye
Participant

Hello, 

My name is Obatola i work as a growth and retention officer for a bank in Nigeria.  One tactic i use in closing deals is ensuring the product or service i am pitching suits the need of my prospect so much that they find it hard to say no, and. i am always interested in the wellbieng of my customers, i do not shove products in their faces, i educate them, make the feel comfortable with me, trust me enough that i am not selling them a lie and make them my friends. 

I am glad to be a member of this study group and i hope to learn from sales professionals around the globe, and contribute my own quota, sales chose me and i am ready to give my all. 

0 Upvotes
TRamolula

Hello everyone! I'm new to the group and new to the whole concept of sales, as my background is in Environmental Science. I'm here to learn as much as I can about the field of business and sales in particular as I have just joined a new company that merges both environmental affairs and sales together. 

I'm looking forward to having fruitful engagements with you all. Cheers for now! 

0 Upvotes
Gerrykitty

Hi, this is Gerry, nice meeting you all here~ 

I'm a digital marketing manager, looking forward to more sharing with you~ 😎

0 Upvotes
AJiwani

Hi! I am a Sales Developmet Representative 

I work in technology

One tactic I reccomend to closing more deals is to be relatable

I hope to get more tactics and skills to close more deals!

0 Upvotes
AKhare5

Hi !!!!!

0 Upvotes
Annesophiepeder

I am a business development representative in a prop-tech scale-up with facility management. 

I love using a little bit of humor in my outbound campaigns to spark leads' interest. 

I am hoping to learn how to better do market research and write content for emails. 

0 Upvotes
JChacónVargas

-

• What's your current role? Director of a graduate program
  • What industry do you currently work in? Education sector
  • What's one tactic you recommend to closing more deals? Understanding the necessities of clients
  • What are you hoping to get out of being a member of this study group? How to engage more clients and close business with them
  •  
  •  

-

0 Upvotes
Matt_Collis

Hi, I'm Matt - we're building apps on the HubSpot Marketplace that make it easier to sell to/onboard customers. For example, Identity Checks, Anywhere - verify a HubSpot contact's identity against their government-issued passport, driver's licence, or ID card. In Finance this is known as “KYC” (Know Your Customer), but there are use-cases in many niches like Property Sales, Vehicle Sales, Leasing, Online Education, Crypto or other environments that are prone to fraud. Our app supports 200+ countries and can be installed and tested for free (no credit card req'd). Would love to connect with others in this community about this and learn about any sticking points in their sales/onboarding processes.

0 Upvotes
JChacónVargas

I am a director of a graduate program in the field of integrated management systems. I work for a private university located in the city of Bogotá in Colombia.

KMaraldo

Hi may name Kim. I am an outside sales rep for Fastsigns.  Never walk away without asking for the sale. I'm excited to learn more about Hubspot and how it can help me.

0 Upvotes
JWronski
Top Contributor

Hey Kim, I'm also with FASTSIGNS, in Springfield, Va.  Hubspot has been awesome for what we can do with it so far.  We've been testing it out for the last month or so and I've really enjoyed using it.  Let me know if you'll be in Indy in August.

CDeCaro
Participant

Already enjoying the HubSpot Academy!

0 Upvotes
OChowdhury

Hi, Im new to hubspot and interested in learning more. 

0 Upvotes
nchristopher4

Hi everyone ! Just joined, Christiana Nwakaego Christopher excited to learn from everyone. 

0 Upvotes