Inbound Sales

Logannennis

How to get started in sales

hey guys my names Logan and I was hoping for some tips and tricks to get started in sales. 

3 Replies 3
MariSuper
Contributor

What does it mean to you when you say "get started in sales"?

Are you a sales professional or sales operations professional?

Do you currently use HubSpot?

Others list HubSpot certifications that will help - but understanding where you are in your journey can give more customized answers for you.  🙂 

cheers

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Thanks for the tag @kvlschaefer! Welcome to HubSpot, @Logannennis. In addition to what Kristen offered, here are a few things I'd think about, and some resources to help. 

Data management: It sounds boring, but the reality is, garbage in, garbage out. So a couple of things to know about HubSpot. Contacts (the humans you're interacting with like prospects and customers) are all based on their email address. That's their unique identifier. Which means you won't have duplicates if the email is correct and consistent. Also, using HubSpot standard properties (where the data lives and also what you use on forms) is a great place to start. But if you want control and consistency over, say, a contact's state (like Michigan or Missouri), then you may want to use a dropdown menu. Data management is important. Here's a course on that in Academy.

Next, consider tools that will make life easier. Things like snippets and templates, plus automation power like sequences, can make a sales pro's life eaiser. I would recommend going through the HubSpot Sales Software Certification to better understand all that's available. 

Finally, keep doing what you're doing right now. Be curious. Ask questions. Look through other people's posts. The HubSpot Community, in my opinion, is the magic sauce when it comes to HubSpot success. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Logannennis,

Welcome to the Inbound Sales Study Group!

I would recommend starting with HubSpot Academy Courses to upskill in your new career 🙂

They are free and can be taken at your own pace!

Here are a few recommendations from the Academy:

I also wanted to invite our subject matter experts to see if they have insight.

Hi @danmoyle@jolle@Ian_Matt@Mike_Eastwood - Do you have any advice for @Logannennis as they begin their career in sales?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !