Inbound Sales

KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

How many stages are in your sales process?

Sales processes vary a lot from industry to industry and even team to team. Do you have a long sales cycle with lots of steps, or is your sales process simple and transactional? Maybe it's somewhere in between. Share the number of steps in your process below. (No need to share any company secrets--just the number will do!)

*To learn more about this, check out the How to Map a Sales Process lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

147 Replies 147
FJung

0 Upvotes
meJP
Participant

There are 4 stages Cx Quota - Cx Order Agrement - Processing orders - CX feedback about the order recieved.

0 Upvotes
DTrujillo

5 stages - but there is no clear definition as to what moves the opportunity from one stage to the next, except the last 2 (Verbal Agreement and Closed Lost or Won) which are clear as to the marker for moving into that stage. CS does not utilize a defined sales process or stages for renewals. 

The process is typically around 3 months, but can close in as short as 1 depending on timing. And most opps started mid-year get pushed to end of year to fit within budgeting timeframes of prospects or to use up remaining marketing or training dollars. 

0 Upvotes
STripathi4

DViljoen

4 in Acquisition.  6 in onboarding.  4 in CS.

Martin_Brand
Participant

Hi, 
Just curious. Do you have different pipelines for each (Acq, Onb, CS)? 
I'm currently adding our customer support to Hubspot and think it creates the best overview with a separate pipeline for the onboarding process. 

Best - Martin 

MSbu

0 Upvotes
apalmateer
Participant

8 Steps!

0 Upvotes
KClancy9

We have 6 steps in our current process.

Cmcintire
Contributor

Sadly, when I asked my sales team cannot tell me. (hence the RevOps approach 🙂 ) This is exactly where we will start our RevOps journey. 

0 Upvotes
JVanderlei

In the enterprise B2B SaaS game, we have a lengthy sales process. I would say from lead gen through close is about 8-10 steps, depending on if it's sourced inbound (8) or outbound (10) - Then we have the Professional Services Team take about 3-5 meetings before Go-Live with AM holding QBRs with Customers. 

Where I will say we can improve upon the most is making sure our customers understand our position within the market and making sure we hold onto every logo, not just the prestigiously known.

MOjeomere
Participant

We have 5 sales process. 

0 Upvotes
ACamarena
Participant

I am currently revamping my personal sales process as we have that autonomy at my company.  I have over 15 yrs sales experience and there isn't a set script we HAVE to abide by.  I am currently drawing up my new process and it will have 4-5 stages

0 Upvotes
Shkar

What are the stages of a sales process?
The 7-step sales process
  • Prospecting.
  • Preparation.
  • Approach.
  • Presentation.
  • Handling objections.
  • Closing.
  • Follow-up.
LTS
Participant

Ideally there are 5 stages in sales process. But I personally believe its not the number of stages but effectiveness of each stage that matters. Timely decisions are really important.

0 Upvotes
HDoherty

This course has made me realize that we really need to review our sales process to focus in on the buyer journey

SOlodo

Dans notre entreprise j'ai pris le soin d'élaborer deux processus de ventes

le procédé du cycle administrafif de la vente qui prend en considération toutes les étapes pour la mise à disposition des produits aux commerciaux ( entre l'usine et le département de la vente)

et un second procédé de vente qui relis des commerciaux au clients. ces deux procédés sont subdiviser en: (qui fait quoi comment et quand ) et tous les outils nécessaires a la finalisation de la vente au client 

TylerDeBroux

We're currently in the process of building a new sales process. Our old one was created back in 2015, and over the years we realized it had gotten fairly disorganized. This was a huge eye opener since starting this course.

BukunmiOdetayo
Top Contributor | Partner
Top Contributor | Partner

@KyleJepson 

I am just getting started creating my own digital agency. But the clients I have worked with so far have up to 6 or more sure-fire stages in their sales process.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MTalenfeld
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

I applaud anyone starting a new business as it is not for the meek. It is very rewarding for those who are determined and persistent enough to succeed. And get as many certifications as you can! Good luck with your endeavor.

A great book to read (if you are interested) is "Traction, Get a Grip on Your Business" by Gino Wickman. It is an easy-to-read and easy-to-follow guide on how to run a business.

If you ever need some guidance, talk through a challenge, or need someone to listen, I am happy to help. You can reach me at mitch@MDTmarketing.com. Good luck. 

AmirWagih
Contributor | Gold Partner
Contributor | Gold Partner

7 stages

0 Upvotes