Inbound Sales

KyleJepson
Formateur inbound
Formateur inbound

How many stages are in your sales process?

Sales processes vary a lot from industry to industry and even team to team. Do you have a long sales cycle with lots of steps, or is your sales process simple and transactional? Maybe it's somewhere in between. Share the number of steps in your process below. (No need to share any company secrets--just the number will do!)

*To learn more about this, check out the How to Map a Sales Process lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

150 Réponses
TEing
Membre

Awesome course!!

0 Votes
MTalenfeld
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Elite
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Elite

Good Morning, Kyle,

This course is excellent. It provides me with a framework to take what we have (to quote Jim Collins) from Good to Great. 

Our process has been informal and not as structured as we need to be in answer to this question. But that is the nature of a relatively small organization. Three years back, we finally hired a full-time marketing manager who organized our marketing in a way that we had never done before. And now, with the help of HubSpot Academy and the book "The Machine," we are creating a formalized structure.

I cannot give you the number of stages--yet. But we now have three people full-time, along with others on the team developing our playbook.

Thank you for this course and the entire HubSpot Academy program. 

0 Votes
MarieJMCalixte
Participant

About 5 steps for now.

0 Votes
SHassan2
Membre

I love this course 

0 Votes
ISanchez3
Membre

Around 5 steps

0 Votes
PCrespo
Membre

We have four stages 5 which inclues 1) Consultation, 2) Quote Proposal, 3) Contract Agreement 4) Service Execution, 5) Service Feedback and Request for Referral. 

0 Votes
JaneBoag
Participant

Ive had experience with both long and short sales processes. Short, with e-commerce. Longer with SAAS. Stages with SAAS were defined as Speculator, Responder, Strong Responder, Firm Interest, Negotiation, Contract, Paid

0 Votes
OFABUNMI
Membre

0 Votes
AOwonibi
Participant

This was insightful 

0 Votes
KenzieButera
Participant

@KyleJepson What resources do you have for mapping B2C deal stages? Is it more advantagous to think of B2C deals in terms of lifecycle stages rather than deal stages each with a lead status? What's the best way to track this in hubspot? 

0 Votes
MThompson22
Membre

About 5 to 6 steps usually.   The construction sales cycle is usually a pretty long one.

0 Votes
HHowell
Membre

Usually 4 or 5 steps

0 Votes
HHaMy
Membre

Around 5 Steps

0 Votes
JUken
Contributeur

Around 6-7

0 Votes
JMoleno
Membre

around 5

0 Votes
MQarni
Membre

Well bascially 3-5 sales steps to follow

0 Votes
JBonsay
Membre

Around 5 steps

0 Votes
CHusak
Contributeur

About 3 to 5 steps

0 Votes
HBùi
Membre

we have four-five steps for my sales process

0 Votes
amandafann
Contributeur

I'm currently revising our Deal Pipelines and Stages into a New Business Pipeline and an Existing/Renewal Business Pipeline. I'm consolidating 7 Deal Stages for new business into 5 Stages before Closed (because some of the stages were too vague in terms of the action and/or frequently being skipped).  Since Existing Business goes through a different Sales Process and set of stages, that pipeline will only have 2 stages before Closed. 

0 Votes
Behzad
Membre

Our sales process to privet projects (client) is maximum 5 steps but for public projects is 10 to 15 steps.

0 Votes