Inbound Sales

KyleJepson
Profesor inbound
Profesor inbound

How many stages are in your sales process?

Sales processes vary a lot from industry to industry and even team to team. Do you have a long sales cycle with lots of steps, or is your sales process simple and transactional? Maybe it's somewhere in between. Share the number of steps in your process below. (No need to share any company secrets--just the number will do!)

*To learn more about this, check out the How to Map a Sales Process lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

148 Respuestas 148
MarieJMCalixte
Participante

About 5 steps for now.

0 Me gusta
SHassan2
Miembro

I love this course 

0 Me gusta
ISanchez3
Miembro

Around 5 steps

0 Me gusta
PCrespo
Miembro

We have four stages 5 which inclues 1) Consultation, 2) Quote Proposal, 3) Contract Agreement 4) Service Execution, 5) Service Feedback and Request for Referral. 

0 Me gusta
JaneBoag
Participante

Ive had experience with both long and short sales processes. Short, with e-commerce. Longer with SAAS. Stages with SAAS were defined as Speculator, Responder, Strong Responder, Firm Interest, Negotiation, Contract, Paid

0 Me gusta
OFABUNMI
Miembro

0 Me gusta
AOwonibi
Participante

This was insightful 

0 Me gusta
KenzieButera
Participante

@KyleJepson What resources do you have for mapping B2C deal stages? Is it more advantagous to think of B2C deals in terms of lifecycle stages rather than deal stages each with a lead status? What's the best way to track this in hubspot? 

0 Me gusta
MThompson22
Miembro

About 5 to 6 steps usually.   The construction sales cycle is usually a pretty long one.

0 Me gusta
HHowell
Miembro

Usually 4 or 5 steps

0 Me gusta
HHaMy
Miembro

Around 5 Steps

0 Me gusta
JUken
Colaborador

Around 6-7

0 Me gusta
JMoleno
Miembro

around 5

0 Me gusta
MQarni
Miembro

Well bascially 3-5 sales steps to follow

0 Me gusta
JBonsay
Miembro

Around 5 steps

0 Me gusta
CHusak
Colaborador

About 3 to 5 steps

0 Me gusta
HBùi
Miembro

we have four-five steps for my sales process

0 Me gusta
amandafann
Colaborador

I'm currently revising our Deal Pipelines and Stages into a New Business Pipeline and an Existing/Renewal Business Pipeline. I'm consolidating 7 Deal Stages for new business into 5 Stages before Closed (because some of the stages were too vague in terms of the action and/or frequently being skipped).  Since Existing Business goes through a different Sales Process and set of stages, that pipeline will only have 2 stages before Closed. 

0 Me gusta
Behzad
Miembro

Our sales process to privet projects (client) is maximum 5 steps but for public projects is 10 to 15 steps.

0 Me gusta
YitzchakP
Miembro

It would seem to me based on how my typical sales process runs that it goes something like this. 1. Greet the client and build some reapport. 2. Figure out what job they are looking to accomplish that brought them to contact your company. 3. Deepen your understanding of the client's issues. 4. Present to your client the solutions that you provide with a focus on how your solution is positioned to help them. 5. Narrow down to which particular configuration of services you will be providing the client. 6. Bring the client over the bridge in subscribing to your services. 7. Take down all the relevant information for processing.

All comments are welcome

MrOneCarlos
Colaborador

This is a great exercise. I would look into a process and see how it can be optimized. Ex: 1)Greet the client 2) Ask Questions, 3) Ask for the sale 4) Overcome Objection 5) Follow Up 6) Invite Back Go back to step 1. This is what I would imagine a typical B2C sales cycle would look like. To optimize, I would. 1.2)Greet client in whatever form (digital vs in person). 2.2) Ask better questions following ETC.

Any thoughts?