Inbound Sales

KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

How do you prep for presentations?

After you've found a lead, connected with them, and uncovered their needs, it's time for the big performance: Your sales presentation. How do you get yourself ready? Share your technique in the comments below!

*To learn more about this, check out the Delivering Personalized Sales Presentations lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

380 Replies 380
tuckeri

i prepare to deliver what we discussed countless times.

0 Upvotes
CColegate

One I tailor my presentation to my buyer, I always if possible do a run through we a flellow colleage asking them to see if it hit the objectives, seemed personable, and tailored towards them. I also run through the presentation in my head timing it to make sure it within time to show my value of their time. 

0 Upvotes
kMejías
Participant

Preparing for a sales presentation involves a balance of thoroughness and strategic focus. Initially, I immerse myself in understanding the client's unique needs and history, ensuring the presentation resonates with their specific challenges and goals. I then tailor the content to speak directly to their situation, integrating relevant examples and data that underscore the value proposition. Rehearsing is crucial — not just to smooth out the delivery but to anticipate potential questions, enabling a confident and authoritative presentation. A final check of all technical aspects ensures a seamless experience. Ultimately, a well-prepared presentation is a cornerstone of sales success, demonstrating both competence and dedication.

0 Upvotes
Eric888

take important care on what matters most to the client- focus on them

do the 1 -10 test - evaluate and adjust accordingly

get the budget

don't waste their time and yours

0 Upvotes
TScheepers

Each presentation/proposal is customized to the client's home to address their specific needs and goals, and gives them a projected forecast as to what their ROI will be for each solution proposed.  

0 Upvotes
AFarmakalidis

Customizing the presentation to address the prospect's key concerns, coupled with consistent rehearsal and maintaining a neutral stance, alleviates my stress while conveying to the prospect that I'm not simply a pushy salesperson, but genuinely focused on aiding them and fostering mutual benefit.

0 Upvotes
Suhaib_Sohail

Tailoring the presentation to what's the most important to the prospect repeated practicing along with coming as neutral for the prospect relieves my stress and gives them the idea that I am not trying to be a pushy salesman rather trying to help them and make a mutual benefit.

0 Upvotes
PRenteria

Practice makes perfect! I also make sure to use captivating visuals and use a strong introduction to begin with, in order to gain the auidence's attention.

0 Upvotes
CMeagher

How I get myself ready is I put myself in the shoes of a prospect which is 1. make it super interesting and fun and about the prospect so they do not lose interest 2. Make sure it is pertaining to their particular solutions 3. making sure your body language presents confidence rather than insecurity and doubt

0 Upvotes
Nack

In my scenario, before preparing for a sales presentation I have to gather necessary information about my prospect their challenges, goals, how I can help them achieve. I will tailor specific solution for in the deck. However, what you've taught it's brilliant with I have to implement for my next sales pitch!

0 Upvotes
VVerma5

Its all about giving them a personalised experience, actively listening to them and uncovering their goals, challenges etc

0 Upvotes
CLonergan

By understanding the content you are presenting

0 Upvotes
AHenderson65

Present presentation but listen to what they say

0 Upvotes
usingh58

By understanding the main viewpoint that you are not selling them rathem helping them to buy 

0 Upvotes
MYusuf9

By personalizing the entire sales experience to the buyer's context.

MWilondja

Understand the objective of the presentation and determine the key message you intend for the audience to grasp.

0 Upvotes
KhaledAbuAlsoud

Clarify the purpose of your presentation. Are you educating, persuading, or selling? Knowing your goal will guide your content.

0 Upvotes
WorkWiser

The thing that hit me the most about preparing a presentation is something I currently do, I talk about my company first and then about their needs and solutions.

This was very interesting to listen and it makes sense what you explained here. By having this structure it makes more sense and it makes it easier to deliver the message we want to send to our prospects.

oAiyebiogbon

prepare for presentation by planning and understanding the concept,be confident and be praactive

Mar4

In preparing for a presentation, Need to structure the flow of the presentation Preparing for presentations involves thorough research on the audience and topic. Outline key points, recapping what we've discussed and the next steps.

0 Upvotes