Inbound Sales

KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

How do you prep for presentations?

After you've found a lead, connected with them, and uncovered their needs, it's time for the big performance: Your sales presentation. How do you get yourself ready? Share your technique in the comments below!

*To learn more about this, check out the Delivering Personalized Sales Presentations lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

379 Replies 379
CColegrove
Contributor

I haven't had the chance to do a full presentation yet, but it would go something like this: 

1. Immediately discuss the prospects painpoints
  2. Break those down into sections
  3. Explain how we will tackle each of those sections in a concise, high level overview. 
  4. Value, value, value. 
  5. Re-iterate your top 3 differentiators for that type of client. 
  6. Bring up reviews from clients in their field. 
  7. Leave room for questions. 
0 Upvotes
dtyre
Academy Team
Academy Team

0 Upvotes
DSantoyo
Participant

Spend sometime looking at the lead's profile, checking notes from previous phone&email conversations and building a personalized sales presentation tailored to the organizer needs and goals

0 Upvotes
mcarvajal

Cuando elaboro mis precentacion trato de orientarla siempre a responder los interrogantes que mi cliente tenia mdandolea cada una de ellas una solucion que esta basada esta ala que mejor se adpte a el bien sea en producto,sofware o asesoramiento.

0 Upvotes
DParham

To prepare for a sales presentation I typically find solutions to the problems the customers have in common. Once I come up with different resolutions to their problems I began to develop a pitch that would capture the customers attention before introducing the benefits and solutions to their problems.

0 Upvotes
SDelaPena

exploring the challenges of prospect help you develop create a better solution. 

0 Upvotes
SDelaPena

Prepare a sales presentation that focusing on the requirements of prospects. 

0 Upvotes
MrOneCarlos
Contributor

The  presentation is never the same, that's why I love advising. 

A few things I already do: Be excited, don't be boring, and customize my solutions to my clients. 

New things I'll do: I will customize the presentation to my clients, add specifics we have talked about, INSTEAD of just mentioning them (put them in the slide if there's a slide). I will use the Inbound Sales Presentation Flow. 

HDilmen
Participant

Check prospect website to gather info.

invite them for a demo session. Send a follow-up email to show a bit about your software. So they could prepare some questions before. 

Even tho I know I ask them to tell me about them.

Delivering the service they desire.

Answering all questions even possible questions they may need.(Try to cover as much as a question while introducing people more or less ask similar questions.)

UDAS24

After you've found a lead, connected with them, and uncovered their needs, it's time for the big performance: Your sales presentation.

SGhosh1991

I personally believe in a solution-based approach and design my presentation with 3 basis aspects:

1. What are the exact challenges the prospect is facing?
  2. How my product can solve those challenges?
  3. What are the key use cases for which he will use my product?

If we get an answer for the above 3 queries then it's done deal

LBaldoni
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

First, i´ll start the presentation process putting all the data aquired along the interview process with prospect together in order to start focusing in the our next client. Once I reach the point of confidence with all the data gathered I´ll will start the proposal with the following: 
Why do you think our product/service is different to others?
List goals from prospect and how to solve issues along the way.

FRogers

I do a lot of research on the organization and the prospect. I also reach out to anyone I think might be connected to this prospect to see if they have any insights for me (assuming the people I reach out to are org advisors or board members). Finally - I ping them with a note explaining exactly what we'll be discussing on our call.

ASharma7
Participant

The opening call should be like whenever lead decides we must be the first option to get the call matured.
dtyre
Academy Team
Academy Team

1. If you are in the awareness/connect phase a conversation is usually better than a presentation to become human and understand the personality characteristics and level of the prospect.

2. In the consideration/discovery phase, we control with questions, so have a good list of questions like https://blog.hubspot.com/sales/discovery-call-questions?toc-variant-a 

3. Do research on the prospect and make sure you mention that at the start of the call

4. Start with a strong agenda " My name is Dan from HubSpot. I have helped hundreds of companies get started with Inbound. I would like to ask some questions today, explain our expertise and see if its a fit. How much time do you have? Is there anything you want to cover? GREAT

5. Make it interactive with a question before each slide

6. Questions you can't answer are archived

7.If the meeting is virtual, ask to record and get an automated note taker

8. Leave 15 minutes at the end for updates and next steps.

Doing the most good for the universe
TBalderrama
Contributor

First I play, Jump! by Van Halen 😜 I gotta warm up my muscles as I go in full cerebral on this awesome customer in my site. I gather whatver mess of notes I have from all resources and simplify it all. Nice and concise with no detail left out. Talk to them as I would like to be talked to - role play a few ways this could go. Then....show time!

MrOneCarlos
Contributor

Role play! Great info.

0 Upvotes
KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

I'm all about the 80s pump-up music! And I love your suggestion to gather everything together and simplify it. All of the previous conversations you've had with this prospect are probably a jumbled mess in the prospect's brain. Boiling it down to the most important pieces and a clear plan of action is huge.

dtyre
Academy Team
Academy Team

haha... love Van Halen, RIP Eddie

Doing the most good for the universe
CRUNICORN
Participant

• Personalize the presentation to the needs of the prospect
  • Be sure the products/services are related to the prospect
  • Be consise but to the point
  • Demonstrate enthusiasm
  • Be mindful of the impact with the method used (convey a message that makes sense)
  • Show the prospect how the products/services can support their needs

SDelaPena

• Build Rapport
0 Upvotes