Inbound Sales

KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

How do you identify active buyers?

The modern world has a lot of ways for salespeople to find active buyers. What's your favorite way to identify the people who need your product? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

*To learn more about this, check out the Prioritizing Active Buyers Over Passive Buyers lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

566 Replies 566
tuckeri

i like providing more product or service than the customer pays for to meet new buyers

0 Upvotes
BFuller3

These can be a number of different signals from online forms, website visits, social media interactions, email communication, & etc. 

0 Upvotes
Josedeulalio

Identifying active buyers involves monitoring certain behaviors and signals such as frequent website visits, engagement with your content, interactions on social media, responses to emails, and specific inquiries about products or services. Additionally, tracking online searches related to your offerings and analyzing purchasing patterns can help pinpoint active buyers.

0 Upvotes
BLiu24

Idemtifying active buyers is pivotal in sales!  I learned a lot of different way to find the active buyer in this webinar, and it's very helpful!

0 Upvotes
luizeduardocp

Identifying active buyers is crucial in sales because it helps us focus our efforts on those most likely to be interested in our products. In inbound sales, this starts with figuring out who's already looking for solutions like ours. By tracking who visits our website or interacts with our content, we can get a good sense of who might be ready to buy.

Creating an ideal customer profile is a big help here. It lets us pinpoint the economic factors, locations, and even the times that make someone a perfect fit for our offerings. Buyer personas add another layer, giving us insights into our potential customers’ motivations and challenges.

Using modern tools to keep tabs on these interactions is key. For instance, when someone fills out a form on our site or engages with us on social media, these are signs they might be an active buyer. By integrating this information into our CRM in real time, we can respond quickly, increasing our chances of making a sale.

Also, don't underestimate the power of social selling. Being active on social media helps us connect with potential customers right where they're already hanging out and discussing their needs. By joining these conversations and sharing helpful content, we can attract more buyers naturally.

In short, understanding and connecting with active buyers means recognizing their interest early and engaging them smartly and swiftly. This focused approach not only saves time but also boosts our chances of success in today’s fast-paced sales environment.

0 Upvotes
BAbdelmalak

Searching social media for web activity and questions published on public websites.

CColegate

I personally like to identify active buyers who visit our website or respond to social media posts on LinkedIn. These are usually qualified leads as well as buyers who meet our customer profile. 

0 Upvotes
kMejías
Participant

In identifying active buyers, I've found a multifaceted approach to be most effective. First and foremost, an integrated CRM is invaluable—it lets you track how leads interact with your content and website. This isn't just about numbers; it's about understanding their interests and readiness to engage.

On the social media front, it's about strategic participation. I focus on sharing knowledge and insights, contributing to relevant conversations, and building genuine connections. This positions me as a go-to resource in my field and draws in buyers who are actively seeking information.

Watching for trigger events is also key. Changes in a prospect's job or a newsworthy event can signal the perfect time to reach out with a tailored solution they may need.

And when it comes to inbound leads—those who reach out through forms or interact on your site—speed is of the essence. A prompt, personalized response can make a lasting impression.

Overall, it's about being proactive, responsive, and informative, all while keeping the conversation focused on how you can help solve their challenges. This approach has served me well in connecting with leads that are both high in quality and readiness to purchase

LNLatina
Participant

Through social media, searching for web activity and inquiries posted on public domains.

0 Upvotes
TishWinn

someone actively researching solutions for a current problem by searching the web, phone calls or in person visits

0 Upvotes
TishWinn

someone actively researching solutions for a current problem via web search, calling into the business and asking questions or stopping by the business

0 Upvotes
Eric888

severall ways:

-through their answered web forms

- website activity

- active request or query

0 Upvotes
AMA231

These people are the ones who already identified their problems and actively looking for a solution.

0 Upvotes
TScheepers

Someone who already knows what problem they're trying to solve and which solutions are available to them automatically have a higher intent on buying. 

0 Upvotes
SGhali

Active buyers can be identified through their interaction on social media via Linkedin or instagram. Surfing the social media platforms using the product name or service offered can lead to identify active buyers. Also, through network and referrals, engaging in networking events and gathering can also be a way to identify active buyers.

J-Arnaiz

An active buyer is someone actively researching solutions for a current problem. They might visit your website after conducting online searches to compare potential solutions. Active buyers show interest by visiting your website, filling out contact forms, scheduling consultations, responding to emails, or engaging with your social media content (likes, comments, and reposts).

jarenh

When I was working in the youth afterschool sports industry, exicted students were a sign that it was time to talk to the parents about continuing the program. I was able to achieve high retention rates in my classes through this process. I'm curious to find out if this process could be applied to other areas, like in B2B relationships.

Suhaib_Sohail

My favorite way to identify active buyers are seeing prospective companies employees engaging with our companies content.

PRenteria

You can identify active buyers based on website analytics and in-person visits as well.

CMeagher

My favorite way to find active buyers in analyzing a set group of individuals and use the power of technology to pick out nuances in their language that depicts they are looking for a solution to a certain problem then I reach out and offer a guided introduction to meet those needs