Inbound Sales

KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

How do you connect with your contacts?

HubSpot has a lot of tools for connecting with contacts, and there are a host of other tools sales teams use outside of HubSpot. What's your favorite tool for connecting with people? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

*To learn more about this, check out the Prospecting in HubSpot, Part 2: Connecting With Your Contacts lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

1,332 Replies 1,332
WJumeian

LinkedIn , Emails , Phone Calls , cold calls , site visit 

0 Upvotes
RobMedina

Different methods such as email, social media, phone, text message, or in-person meetings. Email is a common way to connect, and social media is good for engaging on a more personal level. Phone calls and text messages are more direct, and in-person meetings are great for building deeper relationships. Using a combination of these methods based on my goals and target audience preferences.

0 Upvotes
PLoginovich

0 Upvotes
ASmith27

Favorite tool to connect with people is linkedin

0 Upvotes
AdeHaan5

I prefer to reach out through email or DM (depending on which channel). Preferably later thet day I will reach out by telephone. I would repeat this petter up to 3 times (if I have not been able to reach them)

0 Upvotes
BVanWey

For me, one of the first things I like to do to connect with a contact is to send them an email and call them a few hours after that email was sent. 
If I receive a VM, I will leave them one and then the next day call again. If on the 3rd day I haven't heard back, I will send a follow up email and try calling again.

0 Upvotes
barr90
Participant

Every person is going to have a different channel of communication that they prefer. Texting is growing in popularity amongst small business owners! I would make sure to use multiple channels of communication to make sure I meet them where they spend a lot of their attention. 

Phone call is best and preferred in my opinion but there are tons of options! Creating a proper cadence/sequence is important to not let things slip through the crack but also to keep outreach respectful and not overbearing for the contact.

(Call, text, voice mail, voice text message, email, vidyard video, LinkedIn, Alignable, physical snailmail, walk in their office with donuts lol)

0 Upvotes
KCharlot

My first plan of action would be to reach out to the prospect via email. I would wait until 48 hours to contact them again, except this time it would be via a phone call. My last resort would be to find another contact within the same company and attempt to have them bridge a relationship that could lead to a sale. 

0 Upvotes
R_Faria
Participant

I usually start a connection with my contacts using LinkedIn. First time in the morning, I send an invintation with a simple note for all contacts I want to call during the day. This way, when I call them after by phone or email, they alreday know who I am. It helps me to approach to contact.

Phone , for me, will always be the most efficient way to connect with someone. 📞

0 Upvotes
PSlater

I usually call my prospects first then follow up with an email if I don't receive an answer or have left a voice message.  I will text them as well as a seconday attempt a few days after the initial call.

0 Upvotes
amandagrant
Participant

I primarily connect with my contacts using either phone calls or e-mails. It can sometimes feel nonproductive, as I don't have insight on the client's availability or level of engagement. 

0 Upvotes
SCourtney040
Participant

Send video emails using Vidyard integration with Hubspot! The engagement rate is far superior to a normal email or even a call. Give it a try!

0 Upvotes
haroldcruzparra
Member | Platinum Partner
Member | Platinum Partner

I've tried LinkedIn, Email, text and calls for the first time. I think it's a matter of not giving up and and kind of guessing which way is better for each contact. Normally, I would try to call first. 

0 Upvotes
KWalker36

I first connect with clients via email. I feel that it is a professional first contact that enables the potential client to get a snap shot of what is being offered. 

0 Upvotes
KGRM
Participant

I noticed that many of the responses include messaging through LinkedIn. I always considered social media methods to be a last resort for contacting clients.  Is there a specific industry in which LinkedIn is the best or next best way to contact clients?

0 Upvotes
FardeenAMalick

First I will contact my contact through mail, Text and call for better engegament.

0 Upvotes
JohanaCruz

When connecting with my contacts, I adjust when possible to their preferred communication method, but it usually goes by calls, email or even LinkedIn chats.

GGardner75
Participant

A combinaison of phone, emails, text works best for my clients and me.

0 Upvotes
ojobin

A combinaison of phone, email and LinkedIn InMails works best for me. I then switch over to the prospect's preferred communication channel.

0 Upvotes
JFicarra
Participant

I contact thru e-mail first with a followup phone call.  Been having issues with messages routing to junk/span folders. 

0 Upvotes
VivianGarcia

I believe i'm up to anything they preferred, however, i like reaching via email

0 Upvotes