Inbound Sales

KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

How do you connect with leads?

Connecting with leads can be hard. Even when people are interested in your product, they're often busy or have competing priorities. How do you get to that first conversation with a lead? Share your tips and tricks in the comments below!

*To learn more about this, check out the Earning the Attention of Today's Empowered Buyer lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

516 Replies 516
TGibson3

It is important to be persistent. I prefer phone calls and leaving voicemails if I am unable to reach them. 

0 Upvotes
philipjohnson1

- Sharing helpful content in a comprehensive sequence

- Watching for trigger events/common connections that can be used as a basis for outreach

- Being present, available and engaged in social media/online communities where your buyers are active

RRyan9

Phone call as soon as possible, followed up by messages. 

0 Upvotes
Moradeyo
Participant

You can connect with your leads through various channels like press release, news article, social media mentions and hashtags( trigger event) or someone you and your products both know (common connection), you can also personalize make calls, email, voice mails but you must first of all be human, show that you can be helpful and holistic. Overall Know you leads real data and lifestyle in other to communicate well with them and set the ball rolling to the explore phase.

dtyre
Academy Team
Academy Team

#ohaby @Moradeyo I think that is right!

Here is a great overview from the HubSpot Sales blog: https://blog.hubspot.com/sales/cold-call-script

You may want to conside the HubSpot Academy Pipeline Generation Bootcamp to refine you connection skills

https://www.hubspot.com/academy/bootcamps/about

Stay safe

Dan 

Doing the most good for the universe
EOfechuwa
Participant

Using email sequence to gradually get their attention. And then calls once i figure i have their attention.

RoySmith
Participant

I have had success using Sales Navigator to find contacts at companies matching my buyer persona.  Perform 8 step outreach cadence through Inmail, email and phone.

EQM19

Display you are a friendly solutions provider

0 Upvotes
LCornish
Participant

I'm most effective using email to set this up - but the key is to pull that person in with a subject line that will truly catch their interest.

0 Upvotes
dtyre
Academy Team
Academy Team

Email is OK, but if you really want a prospects business - engaging on the phone with warm calling makes a huge difference

You might want to enroll in the free HubSpot Academy Pipeline Generation Bootcamp if you want to learn these skills (apply here) https://www.hubspot.com/academy/bootcamps/home

And don't forget video email as a way to accelerate progress: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Video-Marketing/Join-the-Video-HubSpot-User-Group-HUG/td-p/452906

JuanCabrera

I have found success finding common ground in something outside of the product, and then finding common ground and being relatable regarding the product. This has helped me to establish a conneciton and not just be a salesperson looking for info on the sale. 

dtyre
Academy Team
Academy Team

0 Upvotes
ARubbani
Contributor

Hi 

I remember have a conversation with a lead once and they state exactly that point you made above @KyleJepson . They have competing priorities and did not have time. I seeked their permission to drilling down to enquire about what the prioirties were that was causing a lack of time. It turned out that it was related to a challenge at work and potentially we could sove their problem with a solution provided through our serivce. Once I had made it clear to them that they could have less prioriting to do and more time to do the more inportant stuff, they were ready to have an exploratory conversation. 

0 Upvotes
dtyre
Academy Team
Academy Team

Very nice @ARubbani > https://blog.hubspot.com/sales/uncover-business-pain

JGarcia00
Participant

As described in the lesson I do extensive research on my prospects 

0 Upvotes
GYoung

make it about them not about what you're selling

0 Upvotes
Carolmcs
Participant

Establish a connection , identify their needs and convert them into a lead 

0 Upvotes
KZandberga

I try as much as possible to get to know my buyer, make them extremely relaxed around me by dropping information of who I am and why I am trying to reach them. I have to be as polite as I can get while trying to get their attention.

HaroldCruz

I try to see if there's a problem I can help those leads with.

0 Upvotes
AnneA
Participant

Email the prospect then Have a quick call to discuss the business so that they can think about how the product/project can help them.

0 Upvotes
MKharchenko

first emails and schedule a call

0 Upvotes