Inbound Sales

KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

How do you align with your target buyers?

Most sales teams understand that it's important to focus on the buyer's needs, but the pressures of being a salesperson make it easy to forget and instead focus on closing the deal. How do you keep your buyer at the heart of your sales process? Share your ideas in the comments below!

*To learn more about this, check out the Aligning your sales team with your target buyer lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

147 Replies 147
EMarquez7

My experience with sales teams is minimal. If I were to engage in such a task, I would focus on understanding the target audience's buying behaviors, spending habits, and information sources by creating detailed buyer personas. I would educate the audience with informative content about products or services and establish shared goals between sales and marketing teams. Understanding customers' values and emotions is crucial, and using market segmentation would help cater to them better. I would focus on creating readable content to increase engagement and conversions, aligning the product with the target market's needs and preferences to boost customer satisfaction and loyalty and drive repeat business and positive word-of-mouth.

0 Upvotes
JayTiegs

I like to align with my buyers by first connecting with them by finding commonality.  Then, listening to them as they describe their problem and offer ways that I can help them find a solution.  I view sales as a leadership and influence process. 

0 Upvotes
BenVos
Participant

This is about how the salesperson pays attention. So that's how technology can be an aid, or an impediment. If you're too focused on the technique, the technology, or the way you're coming across, you won't be effective. On the other hand, you need to use technology and techniques. There is no substitute for practice and experience. The great sales professionals use the technologies available in a way that enhances the process. For instance, in an earlier video, Kyle used a funnel and a jar in a simple but effective way to illustrate his point. He didn't complicate the process - he clarified his point and used visual aids to capture our attention in a memorable way.

0 Upvotes
CJones278

The sales person needs to remember why they are there and focus on that not getting lost in the moment

christopherjana

Online research. Networking. Treating them like people and not just sources of revenue. 

0 Upvotes
NFuerst

You keep your buyer at the heart of your sales process by connecting your solution(s) to every, if not as many, aspects of the prospect's problem they want to solve/opportunity they want to pursue as possible. If your solution solves/addresses a few aspects, the prospect could turn to another company for a solution that addresses more of their issues. Also, do NOT fixate on one solution. Of course, you, as the seller, may have a preferred solution for the customer to take, but they may not always see it your way and could be turned off by the inflexibility.

0 Upvotes
DRMiguel22

CNF - Client or Customer Needs Fit. 

0 Upvotes
MAggie20
Participant

One sure way to align with your target buyer is to understand their pain point/needs, give them options, state the pro and cons of the options, tell them why the choice you propose is the best and finally what they benefit by going with your choice. 

reydonoelmedio
Participant

Understand the client's need first by heart before sharing a solution that you know fits.

Scoop22
Participant

Smart. I think that is good advice. 

Scoop22
Participant

We most often don't go into a first meeting with a PPT. This puts some clients off, but keeps us focused on their needs vs. ours. 

CdeCastro9

Listen to what the customer needs and deliver.  Additionally, offer something that you see will help them in the future.  

MCeccotti

This one is easy - work for a company where the passion is in helping the client. The core of my company is aligned with my personal values. Deliver VALUE early & ofter - not revenue to the business, but value to the prospective client. Do the right thing - not what is in the best interest of the company or what drives the most immediate revenue, but the right thing for everyone. Have a growth mindset - don't chase the quickest answers or drive the shortest path to a sale while ignoring the opportunity to plant seeds for long term wins, built lasting trust by identifying and addressin gaps, not hiding them - and a win is when we build a sturdy foundation for a long-term partnership.  Be a Servant Leader - Our dreams are secondary, the client comes first and they should know that ALWAYS. Take Pride in Our Work - you can't be proud of work you do if you dont believe in it, you cut corners, don't have the client's best interest in mind, jeopardize integrity, lack confidence in the value of what you provide, and that wont build lifelong partnerships either.   

DDeclaro

‼️

0 Upvotes
JRamsey5

Active listening is pivotal. Try to anticipate what they will need down the road. Treat this as a partnership with a common goal, not just another sale.

CSimpson1

Ask questions and actively listen to what they say

AJimenez02
Contributor

I like your argument 

0 Upvotes
Bolt
Participant

Firstly is to make the buyer understand that his satisfaction is primary and give him a sense of control by putting him at the heart of the conversation, exploring his wants with him/her and finally proffering ideas and opinions for the resolution of the issue at hand 

TAsareBoateng
Participant

Apt👌🏿

0 Upvotes
AJimenez02
Contributor

Look nice to me too

0 Upvotes