Inbound Sales

KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

How do you align with your target buyers?

Most sales teams understand that it's important to focus on the buyer's needs, but the pressures of being a salesperson make it easy to forget and instead focus on closing the deal. How do you keep your buyer at the heart of your sales process? Share your ideas in the comments below!

*To learn more about this, check out the Aligning your sales team with your target buyer lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

142 Replies 142
ItzelMedina1
Contributor

llevar a cabo una coneversacion sobresaliente en una negociacion tomando en cuenta las claves.

0 Upvotes
GlennHoy

100% agree - it MUST be their needs/wants BEFORE you can attempt to show how your products & services can benefit their business. True story - as I walked into a local store I was pitched the features of a (impressive looking!) lawnmower. Being polite and in sales I listened. Never going to be a sale as i lived in a first floor flat - with no grass!

DVoigt
Contributor

This is my new to-go example. Thank you very much, so well put.

0 Upvotes
MinhHaiNguyen
Participant

By reminding them that customers are the one paying for them, not the company.

0 Upvotes
StephHermanson
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Create a culture of making the customer the hero of the journey and realize you are a helper along the way, they are not helping you. We wrote a blog about this actually about the sales process, customer experience, and the hero's journey if anyone wants to check it out: https://blog.atomicrevenue.com/your-sales-process-does-it-focus-on-customer-experience-the-heros-jou...

I'd love to get feedback on it.

0 Upvotes
DVoigt
Contributor

It's an excellent read, and raises a lot of good points. I like it a lot.
The only thing that could maybe be improved upon is the line length, which is a bit long for my personal preference. For example:

If you want more sales, make each prospect and customer the hero of his or her buying journey. Prioritize the relationship, connect and empathize, identify

- all on one line.
Regards

0 Upvotes
Aidnessanchez
Participant

By making sure that they're asking the real questions when it comes to finding the right leads. We're offering a solution to a client's pain, and much like real-life doctors, we need to keep our focus on our patients and being useful to them. From diagnostics to treatment (our service), our motivation is to help because our help is what we're selling. 

DDickman
Participant

keeping the approach that makes the most sense for the buyer. 

0 Upvotes
HWong
Participant

By empathising with the customer, understanding their pain points, and celebrating with them with those are resolved!

NicolasReam
Participant

The buyer stays at the heart of the sales process by acknowledging that we are building their dream!

0 Upvotes
LisaAmidon
Participant

Sell the benefits, not the product

CanadianClub

I reinforce the premise that my role is a Trusted Advisor bringing education, knowledge and experience to the conversation (aka value).  The objective is to be percieved as an extension of the prospect's Business and IT teams. 

MissLiza

I always teach my teach to use a consultative approach and before pitching anything at all do a decent fact find, ask at least 3 questions and build a conversation to truly understand customer's needs first. Only then go in with a tailored pitch based on the needs you learned

KennK

To keep the buyer at the heart of the sales process, we need to approach the client as more of a consultant who is looking to partner with them and help them resolve or remove their pain points.  Their barriers to achieving their strategic goals.

JGonzales0

To stay on track, it is important to show the customer you are providing a solution not just a product offering.

KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Yes!

0 Upvotes
MGonzález

By asking what needs want with our product so we can work on satisfying the costumer