Inbound Sales

MHoltz
Participant

Fishing in a aquarium...

I prefere touch new prospects who I know who they are, and you? So my point of view about sales activities in the begin of cycle require to get all possible information about my target audience. Do you agree? After these researches we can start the cold calls more confidents, with a better win rate conversion. That I call "fisnhing in a aquarium".

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
MEmma

Fishing in a aquarium...

I understand what you mean by "fishing in an aquarium" in the context of sales activities. It seems you're emphasizing the importance of conducting thorough research and gathering information about your target audience before engaging in sales activities. I agree that having a solid understanding of your prospects can greatly increase your chances of success in the sales cycle.

0 Upvotes
AJohnson5

Fishing in a aquarium...

I am also an angler and I know well the term Fishing in a aquarium. In short words we can say that it is the process of fishing wild fish for sales to private and public aquariums. 

0 Upvotes
AndreaHeuvelink
Participant

Fishing in a aquarium...

This is such an interesting and important point of view! Knowing your potential customers well, but also how your service/product might answer their needs can be one of the most important parts of the conversation. It is similar to applying for a job - you can't use the same cover letter for each position/ each company - the lack of individuality and specifics is obvious and it makes for a sour experience. Having done proper research as you described allows you to connect with the prospect while making them feel like you've already seen how you can match your service/product with them individually, not just with any customer. 

0 Upvotes
LOConnor123
Top Contributor

Fishing in a aquarium...

I think that taking stock of your clients needs and interests are important.

Preparing for a call or meeting in the way you have suggested is really sensible. Consider what their objections might be, and be prepared to counter these. 

For example, if you are more expensive: What sets you apart from the competition - can you justify the extra spend?

Another fun idiom for prepation that I like is "getting your ducks in a row". One that springs to mind reading yours, would be "shooting fish in a barrel" - pool all your similiar prospects together, find what you can sell them them, and then starting "shooting". You are bound to 'hit' something. 

Happy fishing!

0 Upvotes