Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Babel_Izzy
Contributor | Elite Partner

HubSpot CRM: Best Practices and Pro Tips

SOLVE

I created this article a few months ago around the HubSpot CRM - I hope that you'll find it useful!

Please do let me know if you have any feedback or if there's anything that you do in the HubSpot CRM which should be included.

Thanks!

https://www.babelquest.co.uk/blog/hubspot-crm-best-practices-pro-tips

1 Accepted solution
Babel_Izzy
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @gux,

Here's a really useful guide for creating custom views in the CRM:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/creating-custom-views-for-prospecting

To filter by action you'd need to create a custom property. Call it something memorable like 'next action' and then create a few drop down options to choose from. These should make sense to you and reflect your sales process.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-can-i-create-a-custom-property

You can choose to update this property manually when looking at the contact records or use the marketing side of HubSpot - if you have it - to create a series of workflows, which will update the property for you automatically based on time passed or another action taken. 

Then, once you've set that up, you can choose to filter by that custom property in the CRM and sort your contacts that way!

I hope that makes sense! Let me know if you need any further help 🙂

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Thanks for the post @Babel_Izzy! Something I think would be SUPER helpful to see on this community is content that advises on best practices for writing sales emails: subject lines, personalisation, sequences etc. 

0 Upvotes
KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

SOLVE

Hey @Anonymous,

Here's my favorite blog post about sales emails. It doesn't get into specific best practices around the things you mentioned, but it has a lot of wise principles in it and a ton of good examples.

Here's a post I wrote a while back that addresses the things you mentioned. It doesn't go deep, but it should give you a starting point.

Let me know what you think!

Kyle

gux
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for putting together the article.

In the article pro tips part the 4th one is "Create views by action - this is really important. Create your views by focusing on specific actions that you need to take with each contact, such as ‘Follow up’ or ‘Find a different way to connect’."

I want to know where can we add the action that we need to take with the contact like "Follow up", I can't seem to find such a field on the contact page.

0 Upvotes
KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

SOLVE

Hey @gux,

I'd recommend making the action be the name of the view. For example, if you want your reps to follow up with someone, thnk about what filters are necessary to narrow down the list of contacts to just the people who need to be followed up with. Then save the view as "Follow Up."

This sidesteps the need for a custom property. You just have a different view for each action you want your reps to take.

Babel_Izzy
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @gux,

Here's a really useful guide for creating custom views in the CRM:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/creating-custom-views-for-prospecting

To filter by action you'd need to create a custom property. Call it something memorable like 'next action' and then create a few drop down options to choose from. These should make sense to you and reflect your sales process.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-can-i-create-a-custom-property

You can choose to update this property manually when looking at the contact records or use the marketing side of HubSpot - if you have it - to create a series of workflows, which will update the property for you automatically based on time passed or another action taken. 

Then, once you've set that up, you can choose to filter by that custom property in the CRM and sort your contacts that way!

I hope that makes sense! Let me know if you need any further help 🙂

KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

SOLVE

Nice work, @Babel_Izzy!

0 Upvotes
AngelaHicks
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi  @Babel_Izzy. Great post that you've written! I have a suggestion for something you could add.

In the section called "How to use the email extension tool to send the right thing at the right time" you say that it's important to send it at the right time, but what makes it the right time for you? Non-weekends for B2B prospects? 9-5 based on time zone? How soon is too soon to re-connect?

I'd love to read your thoughts on the right time. I know there's not a one-size-fits-all, so I'd love to learn more from this blog post and your company's approach!

Best,
Angela | HubSpot Academy
0 Upvotes
Babel_Izzy

SOLVE

Thanks @AngelaHicks, that's a really great point!

It'd also be cool to see how we compare to different industries and include some real examples.

I'll get this added into the blog!

Izzy

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

"Various studies show that nearly 70% of the buyer’s journey has been made before someone actually reaches out to a salesperson - and that is exactly why contact records inside HubSpot are so important." 

Fantastic post @Babel_Izzy thank you for sharing! CC'ing a few community members below who I know are new to the tool and might find this useful. We'll also get this featured on the homepage!

@TeresaFisher@HubspotD@senateeskridge@Alekacz

0 Upvotes
Babel_Izzy

SOLVE

Awesome! Thanks @roisinkirby 🙂

relabidin
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Babel_Izzy,

This is great! Thanks so much for sharing.

Rami