Have a Question about IMAP?
07-21-2017 03:13 - last edited on 07-31-2017 09:59 by jsowyrda
This week, HubSpot released IMAP support for connected inboxes. We’re excited to share this update because it will allow users who are not using Gmail or Office 365 to connect their inbox to HubSpot Sales. This will expand the functionality to the include the full range of our Sales products where they had been limited before.
A connected inbox is what allows users to:
- Send email from the CRM through their inbox
- Keep track of replies in the CRM
- Enroll contacts in a sequence
Previously, this was only supported by Gmail and Office 365 hosted email accounts. At this time we are now able to support any email server that has enabled SMTP and IMAP.
- SMTP is the mail server responsible for outgoing email
- IMAP is the mail server responsible for incoming email
Enabling IMAP creates an authorized connection between your email server and an external device. The process will be familiar to anyone who has connected an email account to their mobile phone. The original content of your emails will remain hosted on your email server, but a duplicate can be viewed in your connected application. Connecting a user’s inbox to HubSpot lets us send and “receive” email through that domain’s email servers.
In order to help all of our users utilize these features, we’ve created some resources to help you get started, all of which can be found in the HubSpot Academy:
- How can I connect my inbox with HubSpot Sales using IMAP?
- How can I find my email server's IMAP and SMTP information?
- Can I connect an inbox that uses ActiveSync to HubSpot?
- How do I connect my email inbox to HubSpot if I use two-factor authentication?
Additionally, we’ll be posting resources here on The Community to help troubleshoot issues as they arise:
As always, if you’re unable to find an existing solution to your issue by searching our Academy or our Community Forum, please post your topic to either the Sales Topic Email (Gmail) or Email (Outlook) boards depending on what you are using as your email client (as opposed to email server).
If you are posting a question regarding IMAP please be prepared to share the following information when it is requested:
1. Your Hub ID: find out how to access this here.
2. A screenshot of your IMAP settings that shows a) all fields populated in the IMAP connection area b) the 'Allow non-secure certificate' box checked off c) any specific error messages or warnings that are populating.
3. Confirmation of the email address you are trying to connect.
4. A HAR file: please follow these instructions on how to generate a HAR file.
5. Confirmation on whether your a) email address, b) password, and c) port information (under advanced settings) were autopopulated or input manually.
Without the above information, we will not be able to troubleshoot the error in your account further, so please ensure all of the above details are provided.
HubSpot Community Moderator