Humans of HubSpot

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Humans of HubSpot: Vicki Brown

Hey Community, 

This week we want to spotlight Vicki Brown, you may know her as @VickiBrown in the Community.

Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 12.28.54.png

Vicki shared how she started using HubSpot and what she does for work. Discover how many siblings she has, what she does in her free time, and with whom she would like to have dinner. 

Tell us about yourself

I’m a marketing communications professional focused on social media marketing.My career started in TV newsrooms and then shifted to a nonprofit atmosphere before landing in my current role — leading social media for a global engineering, construction & architecture firm.

> One of 13 kids (yep. I’m lucky No. 5); born and raised in a Chicago suburb
>Married, one daughter and two dogs (one who has a viral video – search Lexi the Samoyed)
>Learning to play and enjoy golf!

How did you start using HubSpot? Was it in your current role, or a different role?

Started using HubSpot in 2016 and even as my role has evolved at Burns & McDonnell, I continue to use HubSpot. Everyone in our Corporate Marketing department is working on earning their Inbound certification.

Tell us a little bit about your company and your position.

Burns & McDonnell is a 100% employee-owned company, and I love our employee-ownership culture. We are a family of companies with engineers, construction professionals, architects, technologists and scientists. I've been leading our social media efforts for the past five years — distributing content that inspires and educates our clients and communities.

What do you do for fun outside of work?

I'm a big animal lover; we even had 4 dogs for a few years. My husband and our 5-year-old daughter, who loves to golf, recently got me to play and enjoy golf, so now I go to the driving range often with them. I also enjoy painting with acrylics and organizing my house (I was recently gifted with a label maker!).

If you could have dinner with anyone in the world. (past or present), who would it be and why?

Brené Brown. I first learned about her from my manager a few years ago. Brené's lessons and motivational speeches have been incredibly helpful to me as I navigate my life's journey.

Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself with us @VickiBrown! I loved your dog, Lexie is amazing and so adventurous and curious! I loved the video she was able to get on your table to eat the cookies! 😍 

Do you want to keep in touch with Vicki? Connect with her on LinkedIn

Stay tuned for our next Humans of HubSpot post for next week!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

3 Replies 3
VickiBrown
Contributor

Thank you, @sharonlicari, for the feature in Humans of HubSpot! Lexi is definitely one adventurous dog 😀 Tom Brown - YouTube 10551094_317205301818718_8881708103493595308_n.jpg

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

OMG, she is a baby!!! I love her!!! 😍 I've also a dog, her name is Bailey and she is a German Shepherd.

Image from iOS (1).jpg

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

VickiBrown
Contributor

Awww. Love German Shepherds! ♥️