Humans of HubSpot

kvlschaefer
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Humans of HubSpot: Teun

Hey Community, 

This week we want to spotlight Teun, you may know him as @Teun in the Community. He is part of our Community Champions program.

Bright_Teun_liggend_2000x1200 - Teun Rutten.jpg

Teun shared how he started using HubSpot and what he does for work. Discover what he does in his free time and with whom he would like to have dinner.

Tell us about yourself

I live in the Netherlands together with my wife and two amazing kids. I'm a passionate developer and love all things HubSpot and JavaScript. When we started using HubSpot I used the community and developer slack to get all my questions answered. I loved the vibe of the community and decided to stick around. After some time (and some cool projects later), I decided to try and answer questions of other developers in the community. Not only to help them out, but also to learn myself. You never get to work with every feature or tool at once, so the community gave me an opportunity to quick start my knowledge.

I still love to check the community on a daily basis, trying to find the most challenging questions.

How did you start using HubSpot? Was it in your current role, or a different role?

Our company switched to HubSpot a few years ago. We moved from developing WordPress websites with Webpack, SCSS, JavaScript and React to building HubSpot websites in the design tools, which was a nightmare to be honest. But not soon after we switched, HubSpot launched the HubSpot CLI, which allowed us to use any library we wanted. Since then, we have been improving our stack and had the opportunity to build the most amazing projects. Thanks to the switch to HubSpot, we also get to build a bunch of integrations and use Operations Hub to automate everything there is to automate. So working with HubSpot never gets boring.

Tell us a little bit about your company and your position.

I'm the lead developer at our agency where I work with my team if 5 enthusiastic developers on websites, integrations and automation. We work closely with our marketeers and UX designers to help out clients to get the most out of HubSpot.

Our company is a diamond HubSpot partner located in the Netherlands. We have close to 35 employees in the marketing, design and development field. Together, we help our clients with anything HubSpot related.

What do you do for fun outside of work?

I love going outsides on walks in the forest behind our house. I also love to ride on my motorcycle if the weather let's me. I try to keep my coding and HubSpot knowledge up to date by creating some side projects in my free time or bug Dennis with hard questions.

If you could have dinner with anyone in the world. (past or present), who would it be and why?

Gotta be Dennis. Need to pick his brain some more.

Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself with us @Teun?

Hey, @dennisedson when will you have dinner with Teun? 😃

Do you want to keep in touch with Teun? Connect with him on LinkedIn

Stay tuned for our next Humans of HubSpot post for next week!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
3 Réponses
MMbara
Membre

Exactly, so amazing

0 Votes
jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Teun's a Human of HubSpot? 

Teun's amazing, seriously - an amazing developer, and amazing community member. This community wouldn't be the same without ya!

Also super cool to learn you ride motorcycles too!

Jon McLaren

Sr. CMS Developer Advocate

Get started developing on the HubSpot CMS Developer Changelog
How to optimize your CMS Hub site for speed

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.

dennisedson
Équipe de développement de HubSpot
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

I have to say @Teun is one of the most compassionate and brilliant developers I have had the pleasure to work with.  The guy goes the extra mile every time to help the community.  

Also, would love to take a walk in those woods!  Hiking happens to be one of my favorite things to do!

Thank you for existing, sir!