Humans of HubSpot

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Humans of HubSpot: Stefen Phelps

Hey Community, 

This week we want to spotlight Stefen Phelps, you may know him as @stefen on the Community.

Stefen-Squircle - Stefen Phelps.png

Stefen shared some insight about what he does for work, how he started with HubSpot and what he does in his free time! Discover what Stefen told Brian Halligan when they met at a HUG event!

Tell us about yourself

I'm a nerd that enjoys tech more than usual, quality food/drinks with quality people. I'm also a dad and I am very much the typical dad meme personality so watch out for dry jokes and me grilling in the backyard on the weekend after a fresh mowing of the yard of course.

How did you start using HubSpot? Was it in your current role, or a different role?

I started using HubSpot after getting hired by a small marketing agency (at the time) in Tampa, Florida back in 2014. Funny story: after I first got hired and was learning HubSpot we attended a local HUG that Brian Halligan came to speak at. After the event, he asked me if I liked the new HubSpot COS. I couldn't say "I don't know, I haven't finished the HubSpot academy course yet" so I just said "Yeah, it's great!" and tried to pretend I knew what I was talking about 🤣

Tell us a little bit about your company and your position.

Kelp Creative Agency was born from an extremely talented designer (Luke Kenney) and a developer (myself) that wanted to take charge (no offense, marketers). The things we are great at include making killer looking responsive designs, accessible UIs, and performant web applications. We feel that if you are just empathetic with your end-user (your personas) we are able to create exactly what they want — which in turn will generate all the results — without having to resort to any type of shady strategy.

I am the primary developer at Kelp. I enjoy front-end development the most but lately, I've been doing a lot of Node.js integrations that have been pretty interesting as well.

What do you do for fun outside of work?

play disc golf, make stonk lights (see stonklights.com), play with my 4 kids, make and drink lots of coffee/espresso because of said 4 kids, debate with people about the Tesla Cybertruck and how awesome it is and try to convince them if they think otherwise 🤣.

If you could have dinner with anyone in the world. (past or present), who would it be and why?

definitely Elon Musk with Kanye West

Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself with us! I can’t believe you have 4 kids!!! You look so young! I’m curious to know if you could convince me about the Tesla Cybertruck 🤣.

Do you want to keep in touch with Stefen? Connect with him on LinkedIn

Stay tuned for our next Humans of HubSpot post for next week!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

1 Reply 1
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Humans of HubSpot: Stefen Phelps

Welcome new Community users, @RMoreno @RSlattery1 @Ruistond @SOrchard @saralambert13 
@SDitore @seanharp @SBuller @SHomeOffice @spencerolsen @SCharlton @TNeal @tyson_awair @JWHopkins @WHarris @YTran 
@YingM @YHan  wanted to share with you this week's Humans of HubSpot: Stefen Phelps.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes