Humans of HubSpot

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Humans of HubSpot: Shana Sumers

Hey Community, 

This week we want to spotlight @Shana_Sumers , our Principal Marketing Manager, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Community Programs at HubSpot.

Screenshot 2021-04-21 at 10.29.54.png

Shana shared some insight about what she does for work,  her amazing projects, and how she started to use HubSpot. Discover what Shana does in her free time and with which famous singer she would love to have dinner.

Tell us about yourself

I have a history of being a community manager but started off as a Music Therapist. I can play piano, guitar and percussion. I'm originally from Northern Virginia, but I currently live in Oakland, CA. I'm a huge Beyoncé (definitely a part of the Beyhive), I'm a big fan of the NWSL/USWNT/WNBA and I have a podcast called Bad Queers.

How did you start using HubSpot? Was it in your current role, or a different role?

I started using HubSpot in my current role.

Tell us a little bit about your company and your position.

Principal Marketing Manager, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Community Programming for HubSpot. This means that I'll be launching diverse initiatives within the community space. This will include specific groups, content, events and more.

What do you do for fun outside of work?

My side hustle is recording and producing my podcast, Bad Queers. Episodes come out on a weekly basis and I oversee post-production, manage all our content, guest management, etc. I play both indoor and outdoor soccer and flag football. Lastly, you can find me doing multiple public speaking gigs as another side hustle.

If you could have dinner with anyone in the world. (past or present), who would it be and why?

No question it would be Beyoncé. She is my absolute idol and I would want to know about all the parts of her concert/tour life that we don't get to see.

Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself with us, Shana! I can't wait to see all the cool things you are going to start sharing and working on with the Community. I'm pretty sure all the events and contents will be so valuable and helpful for our Community users.

Do you want to keep in touch with Shana? Connect with her on LinkedIn

Stay tuned for our next Humans of HubSpot post for next week!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

5 Replies 5
DAPK

Absolutely marvelous! Fingers crossed for the opportunity to witness these skills showcased in person at an upcoming INBOUND event. Also Click for More InFo.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing @Shana_Sumers! We'll need some clips of you performing an instrument or two soon! 😄 

0 Upvotes
Shana_Sumers
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Ohhhh! I had to dig into the archives for this one - this was from college where I transcribed Adele's 'Someone Like You' as a 4 mallet, marimba solo. You can tell by the quality when it was, but you can hear it alright 😉 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_T9TMAzD7g  

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is amazing!! Here's to hoping we get to hear some of these skills at an in person INBOUND some time soon 😄 

0 Upvotes
Shana_Sumers
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Hey Everyone!! 👋🏾 Really excited to be here - please feel free to connect and ask any questions that you'd like! I have an awesome project in the works that I can't wait to share with you