Humans of HubSpot

kvlschaefer
Administrador de la comunidad

Humans of HubSpot: Ranya Barakat

Hey Community, 

This week we want to spotlight Ranya Barakat you might know her as @Ranya in the Community. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 7.37.37 AM.png

Ranya shared how she started using HubSpot and what she does for work. Discover what she does in her free time and with whom she would like to have dinner.

Tell us about yourself

I am global nomad, third culture lady boss making the most of every new day. I am originally Egyptian, born and raised in Kenya till I was 14, then did British mid and high school, then an American University where I studied Anthropology and Philosophy, in search of understanding "Who am I?"

I then moved to South Sinai, the peninsula between Egypt and Sinai, where I met my partner in life and work and we lived beautifully till 2011. At that time I participated in the Arab Spring, the Egyptian Revolution, during which I toppled a dictator, and then moved to Chile in South America in search of my freedom and opportunity for my daughter's future.

I find calm in the chaos and familiar in the unfamiliar. I challenge the status quo every day as a woman in leadership, a woman in tech, and a woman changing the ways businesses run in a very male-dominated Latam environment. I am a proud owner of a Diamond Hubspot Partner Agency, and a proud player in bringing the Inbound revolution to Latam to help businesses grow better.

I am yogi at heart and on the mat, and love being upside down, and with my best mate by dog Oreo.

My daughter is my inspiration to be what I am every day. I do what I do so I lead by example on what a strong, independent woman is like, hoping to inspire her and many other future generations of women.

How did you start using HubSpot? Was it in your current role, or a different role?

I started using Hubspot in Dec 2014 when I moved to Chile and was setting up my new agency. We build our site on the Hubspot demo, fell in love the tool and the mindset, and signed up to be a partner.

Tell us a little bit about your company and your position.

I am the cofounder of ids agency. We started in Dec 2014 in Chile working off the floor of our home. My partner is my hubby too. We are a couple agency that love what we do. This is our passion. We immigrated to Chile with our 7 year old daughter after the Egyptian revolution. 3 months upon arrival, we purchased a computer each, some plants for our new home, and the Hubspot CMS and marketing hub. Yes it was before we got furniture 🙂 We joined the partner program and got certified in 3 months. In 2 years we went from zero to platinum, and in Oct 2018 we hit Diamond tier in Latam - the first of its kind. We won partner of the year 2 years running, 2018, and 2019. We started in Chile with a full office environment, and due to our rapid growth we switched to remote in Oct 2018, because we needed to hire the best talent for Inbound. With that shift, we grew our team and client base from only Chile, to Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina, El Salvador, Brasil, Costa Rica, USA, India and thanks to Covid (i mean that), we expanded to Iberia and Canda. We like to call ourselves a global agency today, as its a reflection of our mindset (thank you mum and dad for the the third culture life), our customer base, and our team.

What do you do for fun outside of work?

I am yoga instructor, yogi, zumba student. I am working on a documentary that I will be launching at the end of this year. I hike every morning at a different park in Santiago or the Andes. I make a point to start my morning in the fresh air moving my body, manifesting by day and goals, turning them into a reality.

If you could have dinner with anyone in the world. (past or present), who would it be and why?

Tracy Chapman or Nina Simone or Janis Joplin - i am sure she is genuine and I would have a great conversation with her.

Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself with us @Ranya! I loved reading about your life journey. It was very inspiring! 🙂 

Do you want to keep in touch with Ranya? Connect with her on LinkedIn

Stay tuned for our next Humans of HubSpot post for next week!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
3 Respuestas 3
ericajfinley

@Ranya, this is an incredible story — thank you so much for sharing!

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda

Thank you for sharing @Ranya! Your story is inspiring and your work ethic is incredible! I need your tips for fitting so much productivity into a single day! 

MiaSrebrnjak

Thank you for sharing your story @Ranya, you're an inspiration to us all! 💛

I love this, so beautifully written:

I find calm in the chaos and familiar in the unfamiliar. I challenge the status quo every day as a woman in leadership, a woman in tech, and a woman changing the ways businesses run in a very male-dominated Latam environment. 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings