Humans of HubSpot

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Humans of HubSpot: Rafael López

Hey Community, 

This week we want to spotlight one of our Community Champion Rafael López, you may know him as @rlopez  in the Community. Usually, you can find him on the ES Community or Developer forum!

You can hear from Rafael in the Small Business AMA running June 18 - 27, 2021.

Screenshot 2021-06-15 at 11.13.26.png

Rafael shared some insights into what he does at work and how he got started with HubSpot. Learn about Rafael's hobbies and whom he would like to have dinner with and why!

Tell us about yourself

Hello everyone to the community. My name is Rafael and I am quite curious and motivated to learn. My parents tell me that I learned prematurely to read by myself, based on questions. Since then I haven't stopped, luckily the Internet was invented in the meantime. I have quite a sense of humor, and it shows in the work environment. Otherwise, I'm a pretty normal guy. I like to help when I can, and that's why I hang around here ;).

How did you start using HubSpot? Was it in your current role, or a different role?

I started using HubSpot in my previous job at a Partner Marketing agency. It was quite a discovery because I didn't know the "inbound side" of life. I was not only impressed by the quality and possibilities offered by the software, but also by the support and complicity of the points of contact at HubSpot and the development of the methodological framework. From the very first moment, I used all the means at my disposal to train and learn as much as possible. At that time, as I read from a colleague from a Nordic agency, I seem to remember that there were less than 20 of us worldwide with all the certifications. During that time I was an account manager.

Tell us a little bit about your company and your position.

I am currently working at Odontonet by Glintt, a former client who trusted me to start the marketing department from scratch. We are dedicated to dental management software, and it is an exciting challenge. On the one hand, I am living the adventure of building from the ground up, and on the other hand, I am experiencing what life is like on the end-client side, as I have always worked for agencies before. As head of marketing, I am fortunate to lead a great team.

What do you do for fun outside of work?

When I'm not working, besides dedicating time to my family, I divide my free time in keeping up with my professional and hobbies. My hobbies are varied, such as photography or electronics. But lately, the one that gets the most dedication is the guitar. My musical tastes are wide, but as an Andalusian, I recognize that my predilection is to play flamenco.

If you could have dinner with anyone in the world. (past or present), who would it be and why?

I would like, to give an example, to share a dinner with @Bhalligan2  and @dharmesh  at the time they decided to partner up. It would be fun to hear them tell their plan 😉

Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself with us @rlopez! Wow, I didn't know you liked to play flamenco. The truth is that when I was little I danced flamenco for 3 years and I remember the "sevillanas" very well. I would love to go to Andalusia to see a live show, it must be beautiful and passionate! 💃

I'm also interested to hear how did you learn to read from questions? 

Do you want to keep in touch with Rafael? Connect with him on LinkedIn

Stay tuned for our next Humans of HubSpot post for next week!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

2 Replies 2
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing @rlopez! You'll have to bring your guitar skills to the Community Champion band that @Lucila-Andimol is putting together 😂

rlopez
Key Advisor

Wow!!

Thank you, @sharonlicari 🙂

It's an honour for me to be a member of this community and especially to be included in "Humans of HubSpot".

Regards,

[ Si esta publicación te ha ayudado con tu problema ayuda a la comunidad marcándola como solución ]
[ If this response helped you, please mark it as a solution ]

Rafael López
Head of Marketing
Odontonet by Glintt

HubSpot Community Champion

linkedininstagram