Humans of HubSpot

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Humans of HubSpot: Piers Garthwaite

Hey Community, 

This week we want to spotlight Piers Garthwaite, you may know him as @piersg in the Community.

Piers shared some insight about what he does for work, how he started with HubSpot and what he does every Saturday for fun! Discover which famous writer and which comedians he would love to have a dinner party-

Tell us about yourself

I'm a web dev and designer from London (UK)

How did you start using HubSpot? Was it in your current role, or a different role?

I started using HubSpot at a previous company that used it mainly as their marketing automation platform. It wasn't until my current role that I got to use the HubSpot dev tools.

Tell us a little bit about your company and your position.

I work at Mews as the web dev. Mews is a Property Management Software platform for hotels and hostels where properties can manage their reservations, rates, booking engine; all their processes really.

What do you do for fun outside of work?

I usually play games after work to get in some much-needed screen time. I'm also fairly active, I play tennis sometimes, love snowboarding and I also go to the gym as a refreshing break from my stereotypically nerdy life, which I promptly ruin every Saturday when I play DnD.

If you could have dinner with anyone in the world. (past or present), who would it be and why?

This is a hard one. Maybe Terry Pratchett as he's been one of my favorite writers since I was young.

Can I have Dylan Moran and Richard Ayoade together? Maybe with Simon Pegg to make it a dinner party. If nothing else I'd watch the hell out of them having dinner, I don't have to be there.

Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself with us, Piers! I'd love to attend this dinner party! I think Dylan is so funny! Have you had the opportunity to go to his show? 

Do you want to keep in touch with Piers? Connect with him on LinkedIn

Stay tuned for our next Humans of HubSpot post for next week!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

1 Reply 1
piersg
Key Advisor

Humans of HubSpot: Piers Garthwaite

Thanks @sharonlicari. Luckily I have had the opportunity to see Dylan Moran live and it was fantastic.