Humans of HubSpot

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Humans of HubSpot: Mike Eastwood

Hey Community, 

This week we want to spotlight Mike Eastwood, you may know him as @Mike_Eastwood  in the Community.

Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 15.12.33.png

Discover what Mike does for work, how he started with HubSpot, what type of dinner parties he likes to host, and since when.

Tell us about yourself

I introduce myself as a "Marketing Geek". While most marketers are at the "coloring in" end of marketing, I'm definitely at the "data driven - code based" end of marketing. Which seems ironic because I trained as a product designer, and when I studied we didn't have access to computers – so everything was done with coloring in.

How did you start using HubSpot? Was it in your current role, or a different role?

When I came to the obvious decision – we need a CRM – I tried everything: Microsoft, Zoho, Insightly, Active Campaign, Confusionsoft, Ontraport.

I always knew HubSpot was the best but it took me a while to rationalize the cost (this was before the Starter and Free Tiers – which we now love for our smaller customers). And, as we've grown, HubSpot has grown with us.

Tell us a little bit about your company and your position.

After a decade, having built hundreds of websites I had a B.F.O. (Blinding Flash of the Obvious) – Nobody really wants a website. 

What they really want is more traffic, more leads and more of the right type of customer. So, Webalite changed from being a company that built websites to a company that helps businesses grow and the website is the byproduct. Yes, you still need a website. 

Webalite [https://www.webalite.com] is based in Wellington, New Zealand and we work with clients in Australia, USA and New Zealand.

What do you do for fun outside of work?

Dinner parties – I love to cook... and eat. Every Tuesday Night I host a "pot luck" dinner party mostly in Wellington, New Zealand, and have done every Tuesday since April 1999. 

While I don't partake at lunchtimes – like Mad Men – I am partial to a martini.

If you could have dinner with anyone in the world. (past or present), who would it be and why?

Dr. Seuss – I love his whimsy and the magical way he presents major issues in a fun and playful way.

Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself with us! I personally would love to attend your “pot luck” dinner parties, I’m curious to know what type of cuisine you like the most! 🙂 

Do you want to keep in touch with Mike? Connect with him on LinkedIn.

Stay tuned for our next Humans of HubSpot post for next week!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

5 Replies 5
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Hey @sharonlicari – currently I'm trying to master the Paella... it's a challenging dish.

Luckily we have plenty of people that turn up to offer advice and test the results.

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

I love Paella! I agreed with you, it's hard to cook! 🙂 I'm pretty sure you will have a nice outcome 

Mike_Eastwood

When you're in New Zealand (when we can travel again) come for dinner!

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'd love to! 🙂 what type of cuisine you like the most? @Mike_Eastwood 

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Mike_Eastwood , we are so lucky to have you in the HubSpot Community! Thank you for your continuous contribution!

I love the photo!🤣