Humans of HubSpot

sharonlicari
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Humans of HubSpot: Julie Miles

Hey Community, 

This week we want to spotlight Julie Miles, you may know her as @Julie-PG   in the Community. 

Screenshot 2021-04-07 at 10.55.33.png

Julie shared some insight about what she does for work and how she started with HubSpot. Discover what fun and dedicated activities she does outside work.

Tell us about yourself

I love authenticity, resilience, regenerative farming, chickens, cover crops, and brown sheep.

How did you start using HubSpot? Was it in your current role, or a different role?

I started using HubSpot in my current job as a content marketer – and I love it so much!

Tell us a little bit about your company and your position.

We are an HR/Payroll & Accounting firm (local to Asheville, NC), with a nationally offered cloud-based payroll platform, and personalized support from our expert team (no call centers, so quick answers to your questions).

What do you do for fun outside of work?

No-till farming, grow my grandpa’s peppermint (80-year-old species, before mint, was hybridized to grow vigorously, this species is actually a tender, slow-growing plant), paint, weave, sew, and I am starting to design a line of jewelry using silver clay.

If you could have dinner with anyone in the world. (past or present), who would it be and why?

My grandpa, so we could walk my garden together and I could ask him about his organic farming practices and life views (all the questions I never asked when I was a kid). And, Gabe Brown, a leader and my hero in the no-till farming industry whose techniques bring soil health back to life which inevitably holds the power to absorb all of the carbon humans have released into the atmosphere.

Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself with us, Julie! I loved the admiration and relationship you have with your grandpa 🙂 

It's really nice to know you are starting to design a line of jewelry!

Do you want to keep in touch with Julie? Connect with her on LinkedIn

Stay tuned for our next Humans of HubSpot post for next week!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

2 Antworten
jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Thank you for sharing @Julie-PG! As someone who wishes I had a green thumb, I'm very jealous of the farming you're able to do! Peppermint is an impressive crop! 😄 

0 Upvotes
Julie-PG
Mitglied

So glad you are inspired! I learn as I go, and so enjoy growing things.
When you walk in my garden, your feet brush up against my grandpa’s mint,
and the scent follows you as you go!

I can’t wait to hear more stories! What a fun way to connect our HubSpot
community.