Humans of HubSpot

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Humans of HubSpot: Jennifer Nixon

Hey Community, 
This week we want to spotlight Jennifer Nixon, you may know her as @Jnix284 in the Community. She is part of our Community Champions program. 
PXL_20220916_174400905 - Jennifer Nixon.jpg

Jennifer shared how she started using HubSpot and what she does for work. Discover what she does in her free time and with whom she would like to have dinner.

Tell us about yourself

I was the first in my family born in the U.S. and lived in Germany for most of my childhood. Ich kann Deutsch sprechen, aber ich bin sehr schüchtern.

My degree is actually in Architecture and I worked for the architecture firm that designed the Apple Stores, among many other very cool projects. I love how spaces (built and un-built) connect us and create opportunities to interact - this is also true of online communities!

I chose love over my career and moved to Texas where I transitioned my architecture skills into multi-media, web, and graphic design, eventually becoming a marketing director for a regional homebuilder.

How did you start using HubSpot? Was it in your current role, or a different role?

I discovered HubSpot in 2016 in my previous role when I desperately needed a new website platform after 2 somewhat failed redesigns on other platforms. We also needed a CRM at the time, so it turned out to be a huge win-win. With marketing automation, I was able to significantly grow revenue and my team. I love HubSpot so much that I decided to work for a Partner agency specializing in CMS Hub.

Tell us a little bit about your company and your position.

maka Agency is the creator of POWER theme available in the HubSpot marketplace, it is a meticulously crafted framework that allows brands to launch custom websites quicker for less than $1000. I was actually looking for a theme for a project and saw they were hiring part-time tech support. I was so impressed with the theme that I decided to take the leap and join the team. Now I do a little of everything, from tech support to project management, marketing, and even a little coding.

What do you do for fun outside of work?

I love to travel and usually alternate between hiking and camping at a state or national park and exploring a new city, you know, checking out the architecture, art, and so on.

I built my first website in middle school and learned HTML and CSS, but never really got into Javascript so I took a course and now I'm learning new things every day.

My daughter loves to paint and draw, so I started learning Mandala painting as a way to relax since we have all the supplies around.

If you could have dinner with anyone in the world. (past or present), who would it be and why?

This is a little odd, since it is only imaginary I thought it should be fascinating.

I would want to share a meal with early humans, not quite cavemen, but a little later, maybe after the start of agriculture, just to see what they think of the food available in today's world. Maybe someone from every century, I find it so fascinating that someone like Rockefeller who was the richest man of his time didn't have any of the modern conveniences we have now, and I think it would make for interesting conversation.

Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself with us @Jnix284🙂

I love your comparison of building spaces with user communities!

Do you want to keep in touch with Jennifer? Connect with her on LinkedIn

Stay tuned for our next Humans of HubSpot post!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
8 Replies 8
ANwazurumike
Participant

Great to share your experience with the community and wow choosing love over your career is the most bravest story i have read online but i believe it got you in a happier situation with more advancement in your career as well. And something else i learnt from this story is that it bonded the relationship between you and your daughter because she loves drawing you also make out that time to paint with all that art supplies along with her as a hobby or for fun. I think it's great doing the things we love with family well that's how i understand this Answers. Thank you for sharing with us.

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @ANwazurumike you're welcome, I appreciate you taking the time to write, that's what being part of this community is all about. 🙂

Yes, you are absolutely right, I don't think things could have turned out any better with my career or family had I not made the same choices.

I will always love architecture, but working with HubSpot is fulfilling in so many different ways, including meeting wonderful new people in the community like you!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes
ANwazurumike
Participant

*Well said being a part of Hubspot has opened up wonderful opportunities
for me i have learned some new things which i didn't know that some
possibilities like that exist and it has connected us all over the world.
I'm still inspired by the creativity and wisdom of each and everyone in the
company. From how i feel doing so little with the tools that Providence has
granted me access to implement my work towards this project i can actually
imagine how it's like for all of you amazing team members working hard in
all sectors towards the buildings. To say i appreciate you all would be an
understatement in actual truth i love you all because it's not easy to be
educated and to educate. In the long run it's all betterment for the
future. I can't tell you that I'm not happy for all the blessings i would
be lying which offcourse you know it's not part of me. I want to thank
Bryan Huges and Jamil Maatouk and Aida Maria Fayad and i love them too. To
all those who discovered me and saw potential in me and to believe in me is
to believe in yourselve because you know you have all it takes to make our
dreams come true and that is the most positive result we can achieve. I
don't know how you all for this but it's greatness and together till
forever and we celebrate success in the most grand Style ever created in
the era of technology. It is bound in the heart and so the mouth has
spoken. We are working 💯💖*
ericajfinley
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jnix284 Such a fun Q&A! Thanks for sharing with us. 😄

jolle
Recognized Expert | Partner
Recognized Expert | Partner

@Jnix284 you have a such an awesome story! I bet you never have to worry about the "fun fact" icebreaker 😂

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
Jnix284

haha @jolle I've never thought of it that way!

My favorite ice breaker is two truths and one lie, no one has ever gotten mine correct! 😂

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your story with us @Jnix284, I love the picture and your dinner idea! 

Liebe Grüße aus Berlin! 🙂 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Great to get to know you a little better, @Jnix284! I especially love the dinner with Rockefeller idea and perspective behind it. So insightful! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/