Humans of HubSpot

sharonlicari
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

Humans of HubSpot: David Dennison

Hey Community, 

This week we want to spotlight @DavidDennison, he is a member of our Community Champions program 

Screenshot 2021-12-10 at 14.53.02.png

David shared how he started using HubSpot and what he does for work. Discover what he does in his free time and with whom he would like to have dinner.

Tell us about yourself

I'm a huge digital marketing geek that's obsessed with SEO and Content Marketing. 32 years ago I was born and raised in the crazy city of Las Vegas, NV! Out of high school I joined the Army and I'm still in! (It's been a looooong 14 years) I started my digital marketing career back in 2009 when Twitter was just a baby. I actually did technology consulting for celebrities such as Ed McMahon, Levar Burton, and Dr. Drew among some others! I got involved with a company that started hosting Twitter conferences for businesses to teach them how to use social media as part of their marketing strategy. They wanted to bring in celebrities to be speakers on panels during the conferences, so I was one of the people that made that happen! Just from attending the conferences I learned a lot about using social media for marketing and two years later started my own social media consulting company! And here I am now, 14 years later still loving it!.

How did you start using HubSpot? Was it in your current role, or a different role?

I had used HubSpot here and there for a number of different clients as needed, but never really dived in and got my hands dirty...until a few months ago! I was looking for a new marketing community to join and stumbled upon the HubSpot community. I'm now in the process of launching another project that will heavily use HubSpot and can't wait to help others with their HubSpot projects!.

Tell us a little bit about your company and your position.

I'm the Director of Social Media Marketing for a marketing agency in Las Vegas called K2 Analytics. I also handle the SEO and content marketing for our clients. We're a pretty unique agency in the fact that we do everything in house. That includes, web design, SEO, PPC, paid social, content marketing, email marketing, social media marketing, graphic design - you name it!

What do you do for fun outside of work?

In my spare time, I LOVE playing softball. It's a great opportunity to get out of the house, run around and get some exercise, and meet new people. Being from Vegas, I'm also a diehard fan of the Las Vegas Golden Knights and love hockey! Go Knights! #VegasBorn. Outside of that, I also do freelance work for small to medium-sized businesses because I love helping out and giving back to my community!

If you could have dinner with anyone in the world. (past or present), who would it be and why?

This might sound weird...but definitely the legendary Viking hero Ragnar Lothbrok (Lodbrok). I think he had an absolutely crazy life and I bet he has some pretty wild stories to tell!

Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself with us @DavidDennison! Wow, I didn't know you join the Army, what an honor! Have you watched all the Viking seasons? I love them!!! 😁

Do you want to keep in touch with David? Connect with him on LinkedIn

Stay tuned for our next Humans of HubSpot post for next week!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

3件の返信
DavidDennison
キーアドバイザー

Thank you Sharon! Glad to be featured on Humans of HubSpot! 🚀

David Dennison

Search Engine Optimization

and Content Marketing Expert

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
https://daviddennison.com
jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

Thank you for sharing @DavidDennison! I feel like you could write a book with your experiences and expertise!! Also so glad you found your way to the HubSpot Community, your energy and enthusiasm can be felt throughout the community and we're so glad to have you here! 

DavidDennison
キーアドバイザー

I definitely could! Stay tuned 😉

Glad to be a part of the community! 🙌

David Dennison

Search Engine Optimization

and Content Marketing Expert

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com