Humans of HubSpot

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Humans of HubSpot: Dan Currin

Hey Community, 

This week we want to spotlight Dan Currin, you may know him as @Dan1  in the Community. 

Screenshot 2021-03-24 at 14.33.41.png

Dan shared some insight about what he does for work and how he started with HubSpot. He also shared some information about his app! Discover with which amazing man he would love to have dinner and why.

Tell us about yourself

You might be able to tell from some of my forum posts and videos, I like to have a joke from time to time. A lot of people ask me whether I work with the Queen on her HubSpot account. You decide 🙂

How did you start using HubSpot? Was it in your current role, or a different role?

I started using the HubSpot CRM in 2016 with my last company, where I was initially their first sales person, then became their head of customer success in 2017. This is the moment I realised we needed OrgChartHub. So I built the first version of OrgChartHub with my good friend Austin in the early part of 2018 for our own use. We found it very helpful so we thought it should be made available to other HubSpot customers. Fast forward to today, we work full time on OrgChartHub and our second HubSpot App GeoMapper. Both now in the top 30 HubSpot apps for sales.

Tell us a little bit about your company and your position.

Co-Founder of OrgChartHub and GeoMapper. Our apps are solely built for HubSpot, so they integrate deeply and open up with no extra login. HubSpot customers, building for HubSpot customers.

What do you do for fun outside of work?

I love to ski, so when travel starts up again in Europe, I would really like to get back into the mountains with my family. I am a podcast nut, I get my fix whilst doing the dishes. We have a young family so there are lots of dishes to be done!!

If you could have dinner with anyone in the world. (past or present), who would it be and why?

Nelson Mandela, his empathy for other people just seemed to be incredible and he always seemed to have a good laugh and joke. So I'd imagine you would walk away from that dinner with a smile on your face and probably a better person.

Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself with us, Dan! What is your favorite podcast? Any recommendation? 

Do you want to keep in touch with Dan? Connect with him on LinkedIn

Stay tuned for our next Humans of HubSpot post for next week!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

5 Replies 5
Dan1
Guide

@NCO , you are to kind!! It's great HubSpot users like you that help us improve and make it fun along the way. 

NCO
Top Contributor

@Dan1 = The Human of Hubspot 🙂

Great stuff as always, Dan. It's been wonderful watching OrgchartHub and GeoMapper grow over the last several years - all so well deserved!

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dan1 we need podcast recommendations from you, too! I'm always looking for new ones to tune into. 

Have you checked out HubSpot's Skill Up podcast

You can see HubSpot's full list of podcasts here, too 😄

Dan1
Guide

Hi @jennysowyrda , 

I am a business geek and HubSpot geek, so my favourites are heavily swayed towards startups and HS. My top 5: 

1) Startups for the rest of us 

2) Indie hackers 

3) HubShots 

4) All in 

5) Business wars 

I use to listen to the HubSpot growth show a lot, will it come back in 2021? 

I hadn't seen that HubSpot list, I will 100% be checking out the Skill up podcast!! Thanks for higlighting it. 

Kind Regards, 

Dan

Dan1
Guide

Any podcast reccomendations would be superhelpful 🙂