Humans of HubSpot

sharonlicari
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Humans of HubSpot: Angela Iacolucci

Hey Community, 

This week we want to spotlight Angela Iacolucci, you may know her as @AngelaIke  in the Community.

Screenshot 2021-08-05 at 10.54.27.png

Angela shared how she started using HubSpot and what she does for work. Discover what she likes to do in her free time and with whom she would love to have dinner. 

Tell us about yourself

I'm from Bucks County, Pennsylvania, which is just outside of Philadelphia. I live with my husband and our two sons (ages 3 and 5), two cats (ages 4 and 13) and a puppy (age 7 months). In my spare time (haha - I'm working and momming full time because of These Unprecedented Times so spare time is hard to come by), I like to knit, crochet, and paint pictures of the ocean. My favorite crochet projects involve data; my most recent work-in-progress is a scarf that depicts the season record of the Yankees when they won the world series back in 2000. I could have done it for when they won in 2009, but I would rather burn my own house down than ever create something that depicts a team winning against a Philadelphia team. I'm crocheting it for my mother-in-law, so don't tell her.

Also, I'm a digital marketer and I have purple hair.

How did you start using HubSpot? Was it in your current role, or a different role?

I started using HubSpot almost 4 years ago in a previous position as a CRM manager at an online tire company. I was on a small marketing team with limited IT resources and became extremely impressed with how user-friendly and powerful it is. I was able to create solutions using workflows, forms, and landing pages that reduced or eliminated the need for IT time, and we used HubSpot for both internal and external operations. I started researching and using integrations, completing online courses and earning certificates in the knowledgebase so that we could make the most of the tool. Before long, I was hooked. I ended up leaving there to become 100% focused on HubSpot for the University of Pennsylvania.

Tell us a little bit about your company and your position.

I am the HubSpot Guru (my unofficial but commonly used title) for the University of Pennsylvania's College of Liberal and Professional Studies. My actual title is Associate Director of Marketing Automation and Data. I came on board when they signed the HubSpot contract and transitioned all prospecting activities from our previous system to HubSpot for 20+ degree and certificate programs. Now, I work on building out automation, reporting dashboards, integration opportunities, and user adoption.

What do you do for fun outside of work?

I answered this a little bit in the first question, but thanks to These Unprecedented Times most of my time is spent momming my kids while also working full time. When they go to school in the fall, I'm starting my Master in Data Science. My hobbies include painting the ocean, knitting and crocheting, baking, and organizing my house.

If you could have dinner with anyone in the world. (past or present), who would it be and why?

This is so selfish, but I'd like to have one more dinner with my grandmother. She and I were very close, and she developed Alzheimer's years before she passed so there were a few years where she didn't really process and understand the things I told her. I would love to tell her all about my family and my work. She was a strong woman, and I'd like to think she'd be proud of what I've accomplished and where I'm headed. If I had to choose someone else, I'd pick Freddie Mercury. He was a true artist, and his music has gotten me through some tough times.

Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself with us @AngelaIke! I love you have pets. Back home (Caracas) we used to have cats, dogs, bunny, etc. Basically a zoo! 🤣 

Could you share a picture of your Yankees scarf? I'm pretty sure looks incredible! 

Do you want to keep in touch with Angela? Connect with her on LinkedIn

Stay tuned for our next Humans of HubSpot post for next week!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

3 Respostas 3
nthatcher-airbr
Colaborador(a)

Very cool story of how you became a Hubspot guru. After accepting the position at the University of Pennsylvania how long did it take to transition from the old CRM to Hubspot? What CRM were you previously using? How many other tools or software services were you able to migrate over to Hubspot? I can imagine that the staff training on adopting a new system was difficult- Do you have any tips you can share with us on managing this scale of a project? 

AngelaIke
Colaborador(a)

It took us about ten months to transition all of our programs from our previous system to HubSpot. We were previously using CollegeNet to house prospecting activities. Staff training was surprisingly easy. Everyone here had been excited to have the new tool and expanded functionality when compared to the previous system, and they were willing and eager to make the change. 

For anyone looking to undergo a similar transition, I suggest creating a project outline, tied to your desired deadlines and including responsible parties so you can ensure nothing falls through the cracks. Meet regularly to discuss progress, and be open to learning as a group because you may find there are new ways to do things that you hadn't previously known. We moved our programs in stages and were happy with the results, but it meticulously organized throughout. Feel free to send any additional questions my way!

AngelaIke
Colaborador(a)

Thanks so much for the feature! I'd love to share a photo of the scarf when it's done.