Humans of HubSpot

sharonlicari
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Humans of HubSpot: Alex Lopez

Hey Community, 

Today we want to spotlight Alex Lopez, you may know him as @Alex_ 

alex - Alex Lopez.jpg

Alex shared some insight about what he does for work, his hobbies, and also which former US President he’d like to sit down and have dinner with. 

Tell us about yourself

I love to be creative - whether it's creating an amazing looking landing page or drawing something to help decompress from a busy work day/week, I love to let my creative juices flow as an outlet. 

[My love] for creativity has also been passed down to my daughter as she loves drawing and creates her own "original characters" complete with backstories. Even at 10 years old, she loves drawing so much that she's challenged me to multiple drawing competitions where we would both attempt to draw the same picture and let me tell you, she is far more advanced than I was at that age - I digress. 

Being a father, it did help me gain more patience and that's paid off big time, especially when I'm trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with my email, landing page, and/or report. Now, instead of throwing my computer against the wall, I'm able to take a step back, take a deep breath, AND THEN throw it gently in the garbage. Well, that last part might not have been completely true. But one can dream, right?

How did you start using HubSpot? Was it in your current role or a different role?

I've been using HubSpot since 2016. At that time, it was more of a requirement for the marketing agency I worked for but since then, it's turned into something that has helped launch my career, and [I] actually very much enjoy it.

Tell us a little bit about your company and your position.

As the HubSpot Admin for a large pest control company with multiple brands under their belt, I help manage the North American brands in supporting each Marketing Manager for each brand with their marketing efforts through HubSpot.

What do you do for fun outside of work?

I like the simple things in life... hanging out with my fiancé, our kids, and our dogs, drawing, watching some sports (due to multiple heartbreaks from my teams for so many years, I've decided to take a break and allow my heart to heal), as well as finding some time during the week to remove all zombies from this world. Also, I enjoy learning different kinds of coding to use in future landing page designs.

If you could have dinner with anyone in the world. (past or present), who would it be and why?

I'd love to sit down to dinner with my hero, Abraham Lincoln.

Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself with us! I know I’m personally curious about which sports team is responsible for breaking your heart! 🙂 

Do you want to keep in touch with Alex? Connect with him on LinkedIn.

Stay tuned for our next Humans of HubSpot post for next week!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

5 Antworten
natsumimori
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @Alex_ 😁

It's so nice to know more about our Community members like this!

Alex_
Stratege/Strategin

Thank you for spotlighting me - this is awesome!

@jennysowyrda@sharonlicari - I'm a Dodgers fan so after years of heartbreak after heartbreak, I can say that my heart is no longer shattered (kind of) as they've finally been able to bring home the championship!

jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

What a well timed spotlight then! This is just part of the victory parade 😄 Congratulations on the championship! 

Alex_
Stratege/Strategin

@jennysowyrda - Thanks! You know, you're right. This IS part of the victory parade! So, that means that they basically won the championship BECAUSE of what I've been able to do with HubSpot! GO ME!

jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Thank you for sharing @Alex_! We're all wondering which team broke your heart!! As a Red Sox fan, I'm very familiar with heartbreak in sports! 🙂