HubSpot for Nonprofits

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

What obstacles are nonprofits facing with HubSpot?

SOLVE

As a fellow Community member and someone involved in a few nonprofits, I come here occasionally to see if I can help and to see what folks are discussing. It's pretty quiet, which could be a good thing. But I suspect it just means folks aren't asking much. 

So I thought I'd ask the community - what obstacles are you facing? How can the community help you solve what you may be struggling with? 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
1 Accepted solution
KSenette4
Solution
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@ASHall32 What a great organization! What council are you a part of?

Does your council do any paid advertising? You could run geographically target ad campaigns on Facebook or other platforms to drive awareness, get people to your site, and start to nurture those folks with more personalized content as you become aware of their behaviors. I am not sure how big your area is, but it could be an option.

That is just one thought, but I am curious to hear what you all do already to try and drum up interest with your marketing efforts!Karen HubSpot Forum Footer.png

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
MMcNaughton
Participant

SOLVE

It would be terrific if Hubspot integrated with CanadaHelps. Without that, we would have to run two systems to track donor activity.  That's just not doable. 

0 Upvotes
danmoyle

SOLVE

@MMcNaughton I don't see a direct integration, but I wonder if a tool like Zapier would help? I found this company who says they've helped clients using CanadaHelp, but I don't see a HubSpot connection. 

I might also look into HubSpot's Operations Hub as a possible solution for integrating. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
0 Upvotes
DeanFrazier
Contributor

SOLVE

My team is trying to build a more engaging blog but are feeling limited by HubSpot's native comment section. I haven't found any way to enable rich text for commentors through HubSpot and would love to give them the ability to insert clickable links, images, upvote posts, etc. Like the features we have in this section. 

I have not had any luck and haven't found any comment modules in the marketplace to fill this void either.

HFSC

SOLVE

Hello, the challenge is the little budget to have a paid acocunt, which limits the use of the tool and also the help to resolve issues.  My introduction to the tool have been smooth until I got a problem.  One of our "test" clients is still on the conctact list but when I do a search nothing moves...meaning I don't get a result, but I am seeing the name on the list.  The only thing different from the others that I might have done is to test with this user the integration of HubSpot with Eventbrite.  I am not sure if the problem started when I deleted the ticket this users "bought" in Eventbrite.  All the content I had before on this specific contact is still there, it's just that the search doesn't find it.  I think I checked every possible cause, and I couldn't find anything.  Any idea?  - I am not sure if this question goes here, but we are a non-profit organization.  Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
danmoyle

SOLVE

@HFSC I want to make sure I understand. 

You have a Contact in your HubSpot database whom you can see on a List (in the lists tool), but not in a Contact view? 

When you're in Contacts, are you looking at all contacts or is there a filter on? Here's a screenshot of what I'm referencing: 

danmoyle_0-1656506047049.png

If you could record what you're finding (Loom is a great free tool) and share it here, maybe someone can help. 

As for the tool, it's definitely a business and isn't totally free for the best features, but HubSpot does have a nonprofit program that helps with the cost. And Community is definitely a good place to go for help. My advice: screenshots and details. 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
0 Upvotes
HFSC

SOLVE

Hello @danmoyle Thanks for taking the time to understand my issue.  Sorry I cannot share because I would be sharing our clients' names.  But I didn't use the good terminology, I realized.  So, let me rephrase.  I have some contacts and when I search for them, using the sarch bar, I find them, but not for this specific one, let's name her Rachel.  I see her name.  She is there, but when I input her first name, last name, or both, the screen blinks a little bit, but it doesn't give any results. Yet I see Rachel's name is there as a contact.  The only thing I did, differently from the others, is that I was testing the integration of Eventnbrite with HubSpot.  I created a private event (in Eventbrite) and Rachel's "bought" a ticket.  After the fact, I deleted the event that was recorded in Rachel's profile.  I am not sure if this could have done something to her profile to act like this now.  I know I can just delete the Rachel's profile and case closed, but I want to understand what triggled the problem so it doesn't happen with real clients.   Thanks!!  

0 Upvotes
danmoyle

SOLVE

@HFSC it might be helpful if we grabbed 15 minutes to have a live call rather than via text in a forum. Would that be helpful? You can click that link for my calendar and find a convenient time we can talk. I'm happy to try and help! 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
0 Upvotes
ASHall32
Participant

SOLVE

That's a great question. Currently I'm a volunteer with my local Scouts Canada group and while nationally Scouts Canada is doing some great marketing we're really trying to raise awareness within our local community that we're hear, we're still running and everyone is welcome. Its been a challenge to really target this small geographic location in ways that people will pay attention to.  Do any other non-profits have some successful ideas of self-promotion within a local area?

KSenette4
Solution

SOLVE

@ASHall32 What a great organization! What council are you a part of?

Does your council do any paid advertising? You could run geographically target ad campaigns on Facebook or other platforms to drive awareness, get people to your site, and start to nurture those folks with more personalized content as you become aware of their behaviors. I am not sure how big your area is, but it could be an option.

That is just one thought, but I am curious to hear what you all do already to try and drum up interest with your marketing efforts!Karen HubSpot Forum Footer.png

ASHall32
Participant

SOLVE

I'm with Chinook Council but my group there in is in SW Calgary. These are great questions though and our own Group might be able to approve some funds to our own social media promotions. I hadn't put much thought into paid promotions I guess because I'm used to thinking of funds going to programing. 

danmoyle

SOLVE

Like @KSenette4 I'm thinking a small budget for boosting your local social media could help. You might even ask your own board members or local supporters for a specific round of donations for some paid outreach. 

I've also used local media for outreach. Can you share a story with your local TV/radio/newspaper folks? Maybe some independent journalists at a smaller orgnaization? 

Do you have a local brick and morttar gathering place you make a Google Busines page for? When you have that and it's optimized, people searching for the right topics/keywords should find you. That could also help. 

I'd love to keep seeing other ideas too! Great question! 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website