HubSpot for Nonprofits

DMarty
Participant

Tracking Annual Membership

SOLVE

We are a small non profit and are making the switch from spreadsheets to a CRM.  I am new to HubSpot, but have used a number of CRMs in the past.  One really common thing in non profits is the annual membership drive.  This include five levels of membership, but also variable amounts.  So level two is 250-499, level three is 500-999, etc.  I feel like deals is the way to do this, but I do see away to address the variable about and how it would be reconciled at the end of the month with accounting.

I welcome thoughts, ideas and help.

Many thanks

Doug

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DMarty,

Deals would definitely be the way forward then. You could store the variable membership amount in the Deal amount field. Deals would be associated to contacts and you could export deals whenever you need to.

HubSpot does not have a feature that auto-creates deals each month (or year) for recurring revenue. With a Professional subscription, renewal process can be managed via workflows. Without them, it would have to be a manual process of creating those deals when they renew.

You might also find this thread helpful.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
twengler
Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

HubSpot should track Sold numbers. AR and AP should be tracked in QB or whatever your accounting system is.

HubSpot is not an ERP or Accounting system. 

Yes, you can report on all sales for the month in HubSpot.

Best to hire a Hub Spot partner to get this going for you.

The only downside... partner's don't work for free.  But if you want this done right, hire a partner or HubSpot directly.

0 Upvotes
twengler

SOLVE

We've built a membership renewal pipeline and a new member pipeline plus steps for member onboarding and warmup before renewal.    

What accounting software do you use?

0 Upvotes
DMarty
Participant

SOLVE
Thank you for the reply. We use Quickbooks.

Do you have a monthly report from HubSpot for revenue?

0 Upvotes
DMarty
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten,

So what I am hoping will happen is that we get memberships (and other contributions) and those are entered into HubSpot, tied to the donor record.  At the end of the month we would produce a donor report, but segment, which would have all the contributed income for the month.  Accounting also receives the donations via checks and credit cards.  In a very real sense, the number from the CRM should match the number that Accounting deposited.   It is a check and balance thing.  Today that happens in spreadsheets, but I wouldn't want to have to enter the data in HubSpot, then a spreadsheet, then accounting.  Does that make sense?

Doug 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DMarty,

Deals would definitely be the way forward then. You could store the variable membership amount in the Deal amount field. Deals would be associated to contacts and you could export deals whenever you need to.

HubSpot does not have a feature that auto-creates deals each month (or year) for recurring revenue. With a Professional subscription, renewal process can be managed via workflows. Without them, it would have to be a manual process of creating those deals when they renew.

You might also find this thread helpful.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DMarty,

Could you specify the part about reconciling this with accounting? Generally, this could be a simple dropdown property on the contact record or the deal record with multiple options for those levels. But it sounds like you want to get a specific report based on that?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler