HubSpot for Nonprofits

miavelasco
Contributor

Options for donation payment processing

SOLVE

My organization will be migrating to HubSpot soon and I'm curious to hear how other nonprofits process donations with HubSpot. We're currently using Stripe as our payment processor, but the Stripe integration only seems to be for sales quotes. We want a solution that will automatically add donations as deals and associate that with a contact.

I heard that HubSpot payments may be an option or other third-party platforms like Classy. What are you using? How much are the payment processing fees? What is working well in your setup and what's not?

1 Accepted solution
KSenette4
Solution
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @miavelasco ,

Having reliable donation data inside of Hubspot is critical and you have a few options. These are covered in @JFord 's post, but here is what we have done for some of our Nonprofit clients:

1) Hubspot payments is excellent, but does have limitations that impact nonprofits. The inability to create donation pages being one, and unless I have missed an update, you also do not have the option to allow donors to cover those processing fees. This is something most nonprofit fundraising tools accomodate, so it is understandle if this is viewed as a negative for Hubspot payments

2) We recommend using Fundraise Up because it is the best online giving tool on the market from a donor experience perspective. The UI is amazing! It is also free with no contract (but there are transaction fees), and setup is a breeze. We have set multiple nonprofits up with Fundraise up. 

3) Classy is another option, but unless you are running a ton of events or need more robust giving features, it might not be cost effective. Additionally, the integration with Hubspot currently requires you also purchase a third party app, which will be an additional $100-$500 / month. We have also set clients up on Classy, but it isn't our recommendation for everyone based on the above.

I am happy to chat through this more if you'd like, but hopefully this is somewhat helpful! Hubspot is a great tool for nonprofits and is only going to get better 😁

Karen HubSpot Forum Footer.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
DStaat
Participant

SOLVE

Hey miavelasco,

I know this thread is a bit old but we have an app called Zaybra that can help! It syncs your Stripe data over into HubSpot and allows you to accept donations over the phone. Check it out here.

Let me know if you have any questions or need help setting up! I'd be happy to hop on a call with you.

Best,

-David Staat

0 Upvotes
KSenette4
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @miavelasco ,

Having reliable donation data inside of Hubspot is critical and you have a few options. These are covered in @JFord 's post, but here is what we have done for some of our Nonprofit clients:

1) Hubspot payments is excellent, but does have limitations that impact nonprofits. The inability to create donation pages being one, and unless I have missed an update, you also do not have the option to allow donors to cover those processing fees. This is something most nonprofit fundraising tools accomodate, so it is understandle if this is viewed as a negative for Hubspot payments

2) We recommend using Fundraise Up because it is the best online giving tool on the market from a donor experience perspective. The UI is amazing! It is also free with no contract (but there are transaction fees), and setup is a breeze. We have set multiple nonprofits up with Fundraise up. 

3) Classy is another option, but unless you are running a ton of events or need more robust giving features, it might not be cost effective. Additionally, the integration with Hubspot currently requires you also purchase a third party app, which will be an additional $100-$500 / month. We have also set clients up on Classy, but it isn't our recommendation for everyone based on the above.

I am happy to chat through this more if you'd like, but hopefully this is somewhat helpful! Hubspot is a great tool for nonprofits and is only going to get better 😁

Karen HubSpot Forum Footer.png

JFord
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hey @miavelasco we love this question. If you haven't seen it, here is a breakdown of HubSpot payments and the options we have in our integration and partner ecosystem. https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-for-Nonprofits/HubSpot-Payments-An-Overview-for-Nonprofits/...

miavelasco
Contributor

SOLVE

thanks, @JFord. Do you have any additional information on payment processing fees? Also, the post you linked to mentions that currently, HubSpot payments do not include the ability to create donation pages.  Does this mean that we would need to use another service to include a donation page on our website?

0 Upvotes
JFord
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Check out @KSenette4 's response. Also happy to chat. Reach out to nonprofits@hubspot.com! 

0 Upvotes