HubSpot for Nonprofits

Igli

Front-End User Integration for Non Profits

SOLVE

Hi HubSpot family,

Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum. If it is, please re-direct to the appropriate one. 

I am currently using HubSpot Sales as a paid user for my non-profit employer. We are a professional association that provides services to members in the private capital field. We are looking to re-haul our front-end experience of the member log-in page (we currently use a custom Wordpress member platform). 

Today, I came across the following case study of a professional association and noticed that they are using HubSpot to handle their memberships: 

https://www.hubspot.com/case-studies/american-association-of-sleep-technologists 

I am very intrigued by HubSpot's capability to cater to a professional association, particularly when it comes to handling memberships during the renewal season. 

Would anyone happen to know if HubSpot provides front-end capabilities for non-profits? 

Any help/advice would be sincerely appreciated. 

Thank you,

Igli  

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Hi @Igli, HubSpot is designed to help with ...

- Marketing (i.e., email, landing pages, webpages, blogs, etc.)

- Sales (i.e., CRM, calls, meetings, tracking, community inbox, conversational bots, etc.)

- Service (i.e., ticketing, knowledge base, etc.).

Typically, member management involves ...

-- user account creation

-- user profile management

-- access to content based on membership levels / tiers

If you're after a world-class marketing platform within which you can display / distribute content to contacts based on a variety of criteria then HubSpot may be a good fit. However, if you're looking for a true membership management platform on which to host member logins, etc HubSpot wouldn't really be the best choice.

HubSpot does use something called modules (see Marketplace), but these are mainly design-related add-ons that enhance the way content is handled. Modules don't typically modify core HubSpot functionality. At least not the one's we've seen.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Frank

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Sorry @Igli, don't really understand what you're asking here ... "frontend capabilities"? Like what exactly?

If you're talking content, 'yes'.

If you're talking membership management, 'no'.

Also, you'll want to fix that link in your original post (remove spaces from the end).

- see https://www.hubspot.com/case-studies/american-association-of-sleep-technologists

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Igli

SOLVE

Hi Frank,

Thanks very much for your quick response.

By "front-end," yes I am referring to a membership management platform.  

Based on the case study linked in my post (thank you for fixing the link), the author appears to make it sound as if HubSpot supports membership management. I may have misinterpreted it. 

To recap: HubSpot does not offer capabilities for a member management? Would you happen to know if there are "member management" plug-ins available if any? 

Thank you again for your help.

Igli 

0 Upvotes
gerardogaya

SOLVE

Hi Igli!

I was reading your post doing some research, and wanted to ask you, what whas your final choice... we are starting to try Hubspot as a CRM & Mktg platform, but have the need of membership managment also. 

Thanks and best regards! 

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Hi @Igli, HubSpot is designed to help with ...

- Marketing (i.e., email, landing pages, webpages, blogs, etc.)

- Sales (i.e., CRM, calls, meetings, tracking, community inbox, conversational bots, etc.)

- Service (i.e., ticketing, knowledge base, etc.).

Typically, member management involves ...

-- user account creation

-- user profile management

-- access to content based on membership levels / tiers

If you're after a world-class marketing platform within which you can display / distribute content to contacts based on a variety of criteria then HubSpot may be a good fit. However, if you're looking for a true membership management platform on which to host member logins, etc HubSpot wouldn't really be the best choice.

HubSpot does use something called modules (see Marketplace), but these are mainly design-related add-ons that enhance the way content is handled. Modules don't typically modify core HubSpot functionality. At least not the one's we've seen.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Frank

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Igli

SOLVE

Frank,

Thank you very much for the thoughtful response. I really appreciate the details that you have shared. It helps answer my question. 

Wish you a great day ahead,

Igli 

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Always happy to help. Reach out anytime @Igli

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes