HubSpot for Nonprofits

jsteinberg

Deal Stages for Volunteer Management

SOLVE

Hi all, I'm wondering if folks are using a Deal Pipeline to organize volunteers? If so, does anyone have any natural Deal Stages for the process they've used thus far?

We are currently working with student volunteers and are measuring their engagement (external platforms like Crew, Zoom, etc.) to determine opportunities within the organization and interest areas.

Thanks so much!

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jsteinberg,

I personally haven't but if I had to start, I'd start here and then refine as I go:

1. Volunteer opportunity identified (this might be anything where a potential volunteer shows interest and can be adjusted accordingly)
  2. Discovery call completed (if there is an initial conversation/call on what the volunteering is about, what a good fit is, the next steps etc.)
  3. Application received
  4. Interview and screening completed
  5. Volunteer informed
  6. Confirmation from volunteer received (Closed won)
  7. Volunteer opportunity lost (Closed Lost)

Does that help? I'd also recommend keeping this in mind: Demystifying HubSpot's lifecyle stages, deal stages and lead status. Not all of the volunteer's journey should be documented in deal stages, only the part where an actual volunteering opportunity is identifed. Anything before that is best covered in lifecycle stages.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jsteinberg,

I personally haven't but if I had to start, I'd start here and then refine as I go:

1. Volunteer opportunity identified (this might be anything where a potential volunteer shows interest and can be adjusted accordingly)
  2. Discovery call completed (if there is an initial conversation/call on what the volunteering is about, what a good fit is, the next steps etc.)
  3. Application received
  4. Interview and screening completed
  5. Volunteer informed
  6. Confirmation from volunteer received (Closed won)
  7. Volunteer opportunity lost (Closed Lost)

Does that help? I'd also recommend keeping this in mind: Demystifying HubSpot's lifecyle stages, deal stages and lead status. Not all of the volunteer's journey should be documented in deal stages, only the part where an actual volunteering opportunity is identifed. Anything before that is best covered in lifecycle stages.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

jsteinberg

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler thank you for the suggestion! i appreciate the distinction as well between deal stages, lifecycle stages, and lead status - a great reminder of how to best track the volunteer journey within an organization