HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Where do you get content inspiration?

Inspiration for fresh content can come from anywhere. Where do you look for content inspiration? Online publications? Industry leaders? Perhaps this group?

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
i9

I found my inspiration for content to only providing new and best content to my clients.

0 Upvotes
PViaene
Participant

I always do a couple of things:

1. Competitor Research (on Ahrefs) + Social Media + Google Ads
  2. If any historical data: Google Search Console
  3. Extensive chats with the people who actually do the work (and not just the sales)
  4. Forums
  5. Mystery 'shopping', pretend you're a client and see what happens (document all the steps)
sMohanty
Participant

Content creates value, but it looks more powerful and dynamic when adding extra value. It is an ability skill to make and create valuable content that connects all the information. It is precisely looking to get some information on there, based on the thought process just added and touchable and keyword based on the content.

AZychowicz
Participant

Usually when I need to write any contant it is related to the strategy sales team is going. This group can be an inspiration for me.

0 Upvotes
MartinWilliams
Participant

I have been inspired by content on social media more than anywhere. Good ads that pop up I will screenshot and show to my team. There are some really great content creators on LinkedIn who focus on marketing such as Vahur Singa. A great ad I saw recently was for a video contractor, One Day Video - Worth checking out if you're NZ based. I also love seeing how competitors put together their EDMs and social content, to make sure my work is up to scratch or better than theirs 😄 Spending a bit of time social media really is good market research! 

0 Upvotes
DMax

I agree with you @jennysowyrda. It happens when I'm thinking about other things or letting my mind wander. Sometimes I'll take a short nap in the middle of the day and wake up with an idea.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great question @JorieMunroe! For me, content inspiration comes when I'm not thinking about it. I think the power of observing can also be a great way to get content ideas. Whether I'm people watching, shopping in the grocery store, or taking a walk, sometimes the best ideas come when you least expect it! 

I want to tag some of our new group members into this conversation as well! @DiogoRomero@DMax@LimeLight@Sofia_Bingham@jeancmoy, @Steve_ where do you get content inspiration from? We'd love to hear!

Thanks,
Jenny 

jeancmoy
Participant

For me, it usually comes from SEO opportunities, competitor research, and discussions with our sales team. I'm always on the lookout for a high volume, low keyword difficulty topic to write about.