CMS for Marketers

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What websites inspire you with their website design?

Deciding to create a web presence is a big decision, but the best websites are a culmination of many small decisions. Choosing the right content management system and web host, opting for a template, refining your content, and selecting the best layouts to display your products and services are just a few of the details that establish your business’s online identity. But one major decision that takes time, diligence, and a great deal of inspiration is the design of your website.

So let’s discuss websites that have absolutely nailed their website design.

• Which brands inspire you?
  • Why does their website speak to you?

Here’s one of mine: Spotify Design (URL: https://spotify.design/)

Why it inspires me: Bright colors, drop shadows, and smooth animations give this website character and depth. The flat geometric designs with abstract accents make albums and artists practically jump off of the screen.

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating Pages in the HubSpot CMS lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

104 Replies 104
CMottl

I really like websites that are dynamic and simplistic at the same time. Their web developers know how to create content that is direct and simplistic, yet is attractive and eye catching. Brands can include Apple, Spotify, or even Nike.

0 Upvotes
LynnSed
Participant

I can't think of a site that I've been wowed by lately. Lots of them have a ton of white space but not so much information about the product. I guess some wow features I've seen have been lists of awards - that always makes me feel like the company is reliable/trustworthy. Also, I like when the people leading the company are shown so I see the face behind the company. Actually, one good one I visited lately was a HubSpot themes company where the owner/developer was in videos. The videos were not super polished, but inspired trust beause there was the guy that I would be working with if I chose that theme. 

0 Upvotes
AllanArrow
Participant

I can't remember the last time I felt really wowed by a website. I read news and articles on my phone, do shopping and social media, but don't think about websites at all. I know I don't like the UI of Slack or Facebook, find Amazon helpful, and hate clicking on articles and then getting inundated with ads. I hate clickbait that tries to get me to scroll right to next, next, next just so they can show more ads and generate income. I refuse to click on them. But "wow, great website!" - not happening for me in recent memory

Clifford1313
Contributor

Hubspot.com is just so sleak yet simple in how it makes me feel. A better UX.

KrishThomassen
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

I have to say HubSpot.com

KCrosby1

Musee

I work in Marketing for a Bath & Body company and we look at competeiers websites. I love the simplicity of Musee's website, bright colors & strong contrasts. There are not may places to get distracted, it is very direct & minimal. Very user friendly. 

JUken
Contributor

SafeLite Auto glass

Kazoon

Marina21
Participant

https://www.surveymonkey.com 

I think it's clear, well-designed and helpful website

javieryebenes
Contributor

I think Petal's website offers a fantastic CX and Gong's site is quite dynamic and visually attractive.

vasilestoica
Contributor

Like very much how they integrated being a holistic exp: London’s WordPress Agency | Wholegrain Digital.

Ingridr

HGillman

Apple and Amazon. Both sites are clean and communicate very well. 

0 Upvotes
JacksonGoodin
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Nike, Amazon, Apple. Websites like these are clean and they communicate their purpose in a very easy and understanding way. The navigation of these webistes are also very easy to use. This allows the customer to know where to find specific information that they're looking for.

0 Upvotes
Uyenvu
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

www.monday.com

Easy to understand and easy to find what I need.

0 Upvotes
NDieuAi
Contributor

Amazon is great at converting because they follow what visitors want and not what they think is best. 

0 Upvotes
KRencurrel

Apple - clean, simple and easy to navigate - no over loading pop ups that annoying 

0 Upvotes
Sydneylyn97

Best website design in my opinion is swab the world! From a technical perspective, the design makes moving down the page feel natural, ensuring the readers reach each point

0 Upvotes
OPinkelton

Nike does a great job. 

0 Upvotes
Sydneylyn97

amazon really has it down

0 Upvotes
BFlynn3
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

amazon

0 Upvotes