Content Hub for Marketers

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What websites inspire you with their website design?

Deciding to create a web presence is a big decision, but the best websites are a culmination of many small decisions. Choosing the right content management system and web host, opting for a template, refining your content, and selecting the best layouts to display your products and services are just a few of the details that establish your business’s online identity. But one major decision that takes time, diligence, and a great deal of inspiration is the design of your website.

So let’s discuss websites that have absolutely nailed their website design.

• Which brands inspire you?
  • Why does their website speak to you?

Here’s one of mine: Spotify Design (URL: https://spotify.design/)

Why it inspires me: Bright colors, drop shadows, and smooth animations give this website character and depth. The flat geometric designs with abstract accents make albums and artists practically jump off of the screen.

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating Pages in the HubSpot CMS lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

107 Replies 107
OPinkelton

Nike does a great job. 

0 Upvotes
Sydneylyn97

amazon really has it down

0 Upvotes
BFlynn3
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

amazon

0 Upvotes
DKambamba
Participant

0 Upvotes
KLinette

Amazon is great at converting because they follow what visitors want and not what they think is best. 

michaelmanuel

apple.com

0 Upvotes
MBellomy

0 Upvotes
SFreas
Contributor

amazon - really has converting down to a science

0 Upvotes
LHill1
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

I really like Banana Republic's website. It's clean and sophisticated. 

0 Upvotes
AndreaBeckStout
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

This is bringing me to the shocking realization that I don't browse websites nearly as much as I do brands' social media presences (even when I don't have my "marketing hat" on).  With that said, I suppose I have had a lot of really nice experiences browsing products and purchasing on (... Sorry HubSpot CMS ... ) many retailers who are on Shopify.  A lot of their themes are super clean, and they have a very appealing checkout experience.  The use of white space coupled with avoidance of visual clutter, as highlighted in this lesson, plays such a huge role in making those sites appealing to use.

0 Upvotes
MPearson
Participant

Lately, I've been impressed with Johns Hopkins University Covid site. The way they handle all of the data is nothing short of amazing. 

AMoonie
Participant

I really like this too.  The volume of data being updated daily is impressive and they had this site up and running within a few weeks of Covid being declared a pandemic.  Really intuitive to navigate and drill down the data without any real instructions too.

0 Upvotes
DWahl7
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

I really like https://www.chegg.com/

They have a professional feel with a lot of white space but pops of color. Very appealing to the college age crowd.

0 Upvotes
AJurolan
Member | Platinum Partner

I think, so far, one that really struck me when it comes to design is https://www.madametussauds.com/, there's a lot that is going on the website but still manage to make it easier to use.

0 Upvotes
HSpencer

One of my favorite websites: https://the-goonies.webflow.io/ 

This website isn't selling a product or a service, just an experience. And not truly selling it, but offering it up and the emotions that accompany the memories of watching this film as a kid. The interface itself is a streamless flow and the animated elements aren't sudden or drastic - they appear on the page gradually. I'm also a huge fan of dark mode over light mode, it's more casual and comfy. 

0 Upvotes
ishabehl

0 Upvotes
ImeldaH
Participant

0 Upvotes
LukasKr
Contributor

The best website I have ever seen is www.dreem.com

0 Upvotes
CarlScorer

tesla.com

apple.com

crystal clear, no distractions, 1 focus per page, facts & info are minimalistic and impactful.

0 Upvotes
LilyH

I think https://studymatebrisbane.com/ is the best design in the education industry. 

0 Upvotes
MViramouttou

best one 

0 Upvotes