HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What's your advice to other HubSpot Marketers?

At some point, we were all new to the HubSpot marketing platform. We all have our own unique journey to getting to where we are today. For example, before you got started with the workflows tool, how many hours did you waste on data entry?

Let's help each other grow better.  

Below: Give one piece of advice to other HubSpot Marketers who are looking to ramp up and become experts within the platform. If someone posted an update that you agree with, then upvote their reply and provide another piece of feedback for the group.

7 Replies 7
Digna
Contributor

Hubspot Academy

Consume ▶ Implement & Experiment ▶ Review & Reflect

Binge-watching it without taking action on the knowledge gained is wasteful in my opinion

Only other advice I'd give is take the advice you get with a grain of salt.  Own your path, and cultivate your perspective on failure as your greatest teacher.
I believe a negative outlook on failure is a huge limiter on growth.

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Love it @Digna🔥 +1 to "Own your path, and cultivate your perspective on failure as your greatest teacher."

0 Upvotes
francasal
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

Back in my first days using HubSpot I used to think about it just like when I moved from a Windows based PC to my first Mac: the process requires a little but unconfortable (at first) change in your mind. That´s useful when you come from the wordpress "side of the world". And this is my most basic advice when people ask me about HubSpot: "just make the click in your brain". If you do it, you will see how things become easier and results arrive faster. The inmediate response use to start with a "but..." No buts! It´s true. Try it for real before saying i´m not right. HubSpot changes your life as a maketer and the way you thought about your business for good.  And when someone finally says "you were right" I always feel like "now you don´t know yet the amount of time you´d invest learning in HubSpot Academy if you want to really do it right and differentiate yourself"... It´s a beautiful journey.

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Well said @francasal. I love to map things out in my head—helps me see a vision of what I'm trying to accomplish. Plus it helps align my efforts toward that vision, getting there quicker and reducing friction along the way. 

0 Upvotes
slvale2
Participant

Use HubSpot Academy to your advantage. Stay up to date on new product features. You could have built a custom workaround for something 6 months to a year ago that didn't exist yet in HubSpot but now there is a new feature built into the platform for what you were trying to solve. It's better to use HubSpot's features because they are supported, maintained, and always improving than to rely on custom workarounds because they can get cumbersome after a while.  Focus on the parts of the system that are most relevant to your business to start out and grow from there. It's ok to not use the full platform on day one. In fact, it will save you a lot of time and clean-up effort later if you start small. Grow into it.

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Well said @slvale2👏👏👏

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

HubSpot Marketing Hub is a powerful platform. Those who use the tool offerings in an integrated way get the most value out of it. 

I'm a planner at heart. Taking the time to map out things ahead makes for much faster execution. My advice is to plan concentrated efforts to launch consistent inbound marketing campaigns. This can be based on bandwidth—monthly, quarterly, etc. When planning your inbound marketing campaign, consider how you can use the various tools offered in Marketing Hub to increase its success. 

Once you have an outline for an inbound marketing campaign, use HubSpot's Campaigns Tool to create a centralized location to document all assets used to build the campaign, like:

• Landing pages
  • Emails
  • Calls-to-action
  • Blog posts
  • Sites pages
  • Social media posts
  • Digital ads
  • Tracked links for the above channels
  • Other sources to promote your campaign

Here's an article that explains how to get started with running a successful campaign in HubSpot.

And the best part? Once you launch a campaign, you can clone it as a template for future campaigns. 🔥🔥🔥